10 Gallon bedside tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For sure I appreciate it since I already plucked the big ones out except for my zebra snails

I'm sure o read on here to put a lettuce leaf in the tank and they will collect on it making for easy disposal?

I love this forum I don't even think of that even though I use lettuce and cucumbers in my tank that I don't have a snail problem in. I'll deff try that

But, you see what I mean. This is literally the dumbest assassin I've ever seen.

image-976483108.jpg

and yes he is hunting across the skin of the water...There has to be 100 baby snails all over my aquarium, and Igor the assassin is playing Jesus.

sigh..

Do the lettuce trick every night for a week and squish the big ones you see. It will cut the population down dramatically.
Put some lettuce under a cup.
Leave it over night.
In the morning take it out, put in a plastic bag and freeze.
Then throw them out.

Do you have a website or something for those assassin snails I would like to purchase one or two

I got mine at the LFS. But I'm sure there's better deals online, like Craigslist or the classifieds.

I now have a mysterious white plant growing in the back of my aquarium. I know this photo isn't the greatest, but it was hard to focus in such a thin plant.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• image-1161929416.jpg
    image-1161929416.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 142
I considered that, but the tips of each little branch pop out like pollen stubs. Almost like a microscopic version of the dandelion seed pods you get in your lawn. Let me try and get a more focused photo.

Heres a more focused photo. Bacteria?? fungus?? is this safe?

Attachments

• image-215832478.jpg
    image-215832478.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 143
Aponogeton crispus has begun its first flower!

Attachments

• image-2263826105.jpg
    image-2263826105.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 131
Yaaay I just bought a clown loach for my snail problem he was $20 though ouch lol

About a foot he's in my ten gallon right now but I'm about to put him into a 95 gallon

Back
Top Bottom