10 Gallon bedside tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i finally found some 14w daylight CFLs. I hope this will help my ground cover!

Attachments

• image-1757767527.jpg
    image-1757767527.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 102
be sure the tank has never had anything other than fish the urine from whatever reptile will always be in the silicone maybe a zigzag eel would be cool to you i have 1 you might like some bala sharks maybe some cory cats

Balas?? In a ten gallon? I wouldn't do that unless you're ready to be buying a much larger tank in the near future ;-)

drew.hinds said:
be sure the tank has never had anything other than fish the urine from whatever reptile will always be in the silicone maybe a zigzag eel would be cool to you i have 1 you might like some bala sharks maybe some cory cats

No eel is small enough for a 10g. Balas get huge, need a school of 6+ and a tank of 125g or more. The only cories that can go in a 10 are the dwarf varieties like pygmys.

they wont get that big i have a 14 and they are about the size of an average goldfish your fish only get as big as their habitat but yes he would have to get a bigger home for them if they got to big

drew.hinds said:
they wont get that big i have a 14 and they are about the size of an average goldfish your fish only get as big as their habitat but yes he would have to get a bigger home for them if they got to big

Fish growing to the size of their tank is a complete MYTH. It is called stunting and can deform and shorten a fishes lifespan.

slowly but surely growing in! It's become home to all the new baby shrimp.

Attachments

• image-1474542940.jpg
    image-1474542940.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 92
Also, because of the new bulbs I purchased, my groundcover has finally started to lay down and spread.

Attachments

• image-2964683814.jpg
    image-2964683814.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 88
  • image-1529942003.jpg
    image-1529942003.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 102
Thanks man! It's been alot of work and mini landscaping for a 10 gallon. But, so far I'm highly pleased with the results. The next thing I'm waiting for is that ground cover to start spreading now that the light seems to be suffice.

The community is growing rapidly as well. With 2 of my shrimp berried, I'm beginning to find hatchlings all over. The snails are still spreading as well, but my assassins are slowly knocking them off and with me trapping them with a slice of zucchini.

What is interesting is the 2 schools. The Rainbows were always the mid to top swimmers and tetras were the more timid and lower swimmers. However, lately it seems they are schooling together... odd? By this, I mean the tetras will often swim into the mid-top level of the tank and join the rainbows.

I wish I could upload videos off of my phone to show you some crazy activity!

Ahh thanks for that Jetta! I've got about 7 or so hatchlings in the tank..

I'm wondering if the rainbows are snatching them up at all.. If so, then I guess it's a game of survival

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom