100 gallon stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe some German blue rams. I think u could still do a syno though have u looked into them? But be careful some get huge!!!!

Good, only change i would do is less swordtails. Even just 9 is ok, the only worry is having to many males , so stick to a 1M:2F ratio. If i were u I would put in a centerpiece fish of decent size with a tank that big. Without changing the stock, and u could add a syno cat, Pictus cat, or maybe angels (probably no more than 3

Yes I agree on the pitcus and Raphael. But DO NOT ADD A ANGEL!! They woul eat ur Guppies

Heck, for filtration u could do all three. And maybe buy a cheaper AC (50-70) if u dont have one yet

Yes I agree on the pitcus and Raphael. But DO NOT ADD A ANGEL!! They woul eat ur Guppies

Really, if added when young, they can be kept with even neons or cardinals.(if they are adults and the angels are young, they angels will grow up with them and usually not think of them as colorful candy)

Really, if added when young, they can be kept with even neons or cardinals.(if they are adults and the angels are young, they angels will grow up with them and usually not think of them as colorful candy)

I guess u could do that but really don't do 3 maybe 1. As there might be some territory issues.

This is a very large tank with lots of possibilities if I were you I wouldn't get such common, boring fish I would get some cool exotic fish. Look at liveaquaria.com and see what you like. I personally would go with discus in that large of a tank. That's just my opinion

This is a very large tank with lots of possibilities if I were you I wouldn't get such common, boring fish I would get some cool exotic fish. Look at liveaquaria.com and see what you like. I personally would go with discus in that large of a tank. That's just my opinion

No not discus!!! They r very sensitive and require high care!! I would do this!
2x syno catfish
1x bichir
1x leopard ctenopoma
1x bristle nose pleco
6x tiger barbs
2-4 German blue rams

Oh and if you said early you wanted barbs? I would go with a school Denison barbs they look unreal

[ QUOTE=Tommy10;2868640]Oh and if you said early you wanted barbs? I would go with a school Denison barbs they look unreal[/QUOTE]
YES GREAT RECOMMENDATION!!!! Scratch the tiger barbs and go with Denison barbs instead. Absolutely gorgeous fish

This is my stock list for a 100 community tank

2x Angel fish
5x Bosemani Rainbows
10x harlequin rasbora
2x Bristle nose Pleco
10x Rummy nose/cardinal tetras
4x German Blue rams
10x khuli loach

This is what I would do for a 100 gallon Community tank just a suggestion

2x Angel fish
5x Bosemani Rainbows
10x harlequin rasbora
2x Bristle nose Pleco
4x German Blue rams
10x khuli loach

Those r still common fish. Didn't u suggest something a little rarer

They're rarer then guppies tetras cories and platies. Why don't u suggest something then?

I have an overfiltered 90g and my stock list is:

6 Boesemani Rainbowfish
9 Harlequin Rasboras
1 Angelfish
1 German Blue Ram
15 Cardinal Tetras
7 (to be 15) Cories (Julii & Punctatus)
5 Guppies (and a million babies to be rehomed later :( )
4 Mystery Snails
Nerites (10?)
7 Otos

My tank is slightly overstocked on Aqadvisor, and definitely stocked in practice. It is visibly full and I worry it's crowded.

I used to only have 10 cardinals, but in a tank this size the school seemed small, so I upped it to 15.
I had 7 guppies - 2 males and 5 females. I moved the males to another tank, but now I have probably THREE DOZEN babies. I wish I was kidding. You are proposing a tank FULL of livebearers, without "population control" fish (like Boesemani Rainbows) to eat them. You are going to be overrun very quickly with baby fish. I really regret the guppies. Even though I moved out the males, I still have a few months of guppy babies ahead.

My favorite school fish are the Boesemani Rainbows. I think that they or Denison Barbs make an exceptional social fish for a larger tank.

2x Angel fish
5x Bosemani Rainbows
10x harlequin rasbora
2x Bristle nose Pleco
4x German Blue rams
10x khuli loach

Ok here it goes!!! This would be my stock list-
2x syno catfish
1x bichir
1x leopard ctenopoma
2x keyhole cichlid
6x strotia loaches
1x bristlenose pleco
1x black ghost knife

Hi, wow I missed a lot. So are you going against my list? Should I get different fish right now I
Want this

8 Cory's
10 guppies (have to, already have them)
10 tetras (also a have to)
10 sword tails
7 cherry barbs
7 harlequin rasboras
1 red tailed shark
2 honey gourami

Back
Top Bottom