100 gallon stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think with a 100 gallon you even have more room for more fish. Because cherry barbs are schooling fish I would say to increase their number to 8 or 10. But go to aquadvisor.com to see if I'm right. If you like angel fish you could add some of those :) they get about 8 inches tall when they're full grown and could be your centerpiece. I think the koi variety and blushing variety are beautiful.
Also what type of gouramis are you planning on getting? In my experience opaline gouramis are bullies. I would highly recommend pearl gouramis because they are both beautiful and more peaceful than other gourami species.
Remember when increasing the stock on a tank to add slowly. Add one group of fish, wait a week, add another group of fish, wait a week, etc.

This is what I would do with what you currently have. AqAdvisor - Intelligent Freshwater Tropical Fish Aquarium Stocking Calculator and Aquarium Tank/Filter Advisor
You could add more fish, but it would require more filtration (the 70g claimed by your filters isn't really that much) If you were to add a filter, i would do something like an AquaClear 30 or 50.
Also, for the swordtails make sure to get a ratio of 1M:2F, which is why i lowered their numbers to 3 on the stocking. Make sure for the gournami you have 1M and 1f or maybe 2F.
If you add any more filtration, some other fish I would recommend are German Blue Rams (although they need good water conditions), another school of tetras or rasboras (maybe harlequin rasboras or rummynose tetras), a bala shark, or a pictus catfish

As I said before. It is a 55 gallon.

Hey bud I know your trying to help but giving advice that may be off by a little bit could ruin someone else's tank. The fact you got to black sharks in a 55 gal shows that your stocking skills aren't the best I mean each one of those fish has the potential to grow up to 2ft and get extremly aggressive with age so that alone could potentially wipe out a whole tank in itself and putting Bala sharks in too it's just crazy

I've had my bala shark for 4 years and he's happy

Cool. Just be sure to let everyone know that your Bala shark is happy in conditions that aren't what is recommended by a vast array of expert sources and sites.

Back to the op, one large school looks much better than two or more smaller schools imo. So I'd go for 20 cardinals. 6 corys all the same type. Plus your guppies. Then algae eaters like bristlenose,otos and amano shrimp. Finally centre piece maybe a pair from angels,kribs,keyholes,apistos,rams.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have to include the Tera's and guppies, but with them what fish would you do, and how many of each?

O and by the my lifter combined is a 150 gallons go filtration, is that enough? I was trying to say that both of the filter 75 gallons separate. 75 + 75=100

Not every filter is the same. IMO, two Aquaclear 70s would do a better filtration job out of the box than your two Penguin filters. This could change if you added filter media, but there is only so much room for media in most HOB (hang on back) filters. That is why I used the aqadvisor stocking website to give a stocking idea. Although it isn't perfect, it gives you a fairly good idea about your stocking and filtration capabilities.

The penguin filters have never been used?are you telling me they won't be suffiecent I'm the 100 gallon?

Back to the op, one large school looks much better than two or more smaller schools imo. So I'd go for 20 cardinals. 6 corys all the same type. Plus your guppies. Then algae eaters like bristlenose,otos and amano shrimp. Finally centre piece maybe a pair from angels,kribs,keyholes,apistos,rams.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I like like this idea a lot. If you only do fish recommended here, you could probably do cardinals, 8 cories, bn plecos/ottos, 3-4 angels and 2-3 pairs of the dwarf cichlids mentioned

The penguin filters have never been used?are you telling me they won't be suffiecent I'm the 100 gallon?

They will be sufficient, but usually the number of gallons given by the company is more than what it should be. For example, on a 29g, most people use filters rated from 50-70 gallons

U could do pitcus catfish, Raphael catfish, or syno catfish instead of Cory's

Back
Top Bottom