10g ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I did it. I think. I'll let it dry to make sure I sprayed it good enough. I did make a mistake though, I didn't wipe it before I painted although I did the other day. Hopefully the black paint will be a little forgiving on dust. About how long would it take spray paint to dry on glass at about 68F?

Well it dried really quick, since I placed it in front of a fan. Here's a pic (sorry for the front being a little dirty, but its mostly on the inside):
img_1056388_0_93e23b11e4adadf7030f0dd706007417.jpg

Well I set it up:
img_1056610_0_c284fe3f6e2a42e4a6f63ee2e5a2b4fd.jpg

img_1056610_1_203673c2b57c9b1f7de3c11b5769e0bd.jpg

img_1056610_2_ae716da4895638f5e6206dcbb70823d5.jpg

As you can see theres a lot of bubbles on the side from filling it up. The pgs and filter cartridge has been cycle. The cartridge was in my other 10g for a few months and the sand is from the 55g, although I couldn't get much so its only like 1/4"-1/2" deep.

Yeah I know, thinking about what to do about tht, since if I get another bag I'll have a lot of leftover sand. I also need a surge protector cause I can't add more electrical stuff til I get one lol.

I did a water test today and added more sand. Idk if it was too soon or that the substrate and filter was already cycled but:
Ammonia- 0 ppm
Nitrite- 0 ppm
Nitrate- 10 ppm

I put in a cycled filter cartridge and all the sand has been cycled in my 55. I plan to add a few plastic plants seeding in my 10g and, temporarily, another filter running on my 55g. Think its cycled yet?

I would give it another day or 2 personally but i think it is, again whata re you doing with it again?

Looks good, add some little things around the front and sides of the two rock piles, something to compare to size. This will draw attention to the rock piles and make them look more like focus points and not just throwin stuff in a tank.

That and its going to be a qt tank.

Not to burst your bubble but if you use it as a quarintine you do not want to have sand or anything in it except for maybe rocks or pvc. Many diseases live and colonize in the substrate, needs to be bare bottom in this case. Also you still have not said what else you are gonna do with the tank besides QT.

Really, well the first fish I'm qting has already been qted it just needs to grow out some but I didn't know that. Thanks for telling me. I'll remove it as soon as I can but how do I remove it? After using it as a qt tank I was thinking about using it for a occie or multis tank.

Back
Top Bottom