10g ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Really, well the first fish I'm qting has already been qted it just needs to grow out some but I didn't know that. Thanks for telling me. I'll remove it as soon as I can but how do I remove it? After using it as a qt tank I was thinking about using it for a occie or multis tank.

Well a grow out tank is different then a QT tank as you know. If you are gonna grow a fish in it leave the stuff in there to make it happy but once you use it as a QT tank take out the sand and i do not think i would use the rocks. Use pvc it works better for QT. As for removing the sand it depends on a sand. If it is light sand you can vacuum it out but it looks like pfs and that means a cup and a back breacking 15 or 20 min of scooping. :-? I would put the sand in another tank so it can help in a future cycle. Also good choice on fish stock, even though you need to be careful with multis/occie they can be breeders if givin right conditions.

anywhere pretty much, a local hardware store, ace, home depot, Lowes, and maybe even Walmart depending on what it has but i doubt it.

ive got some you can have if you want it... its 6" and about 8" long, two or three pieces i think... ill trade you the pvc and heater for some more rocks :)

lol. I cherish my rocks, all of them. I have no camera so i can't show you guys my tanks, i have rock sculptures in my tank. I never get rid of my rocks. Unfourtantly i live in FL so all you find is shell rock so you can't use that in FW tanks, shoots up your PH.

i traded a heater and some dw to him a while back for a BUNCH of rocks... all of them that are in my 150g... it was alot... now i need them for my new project, a hap tank

O gosh. Really more rocks? lol. Ok... its only 200 feet up a steep hill lol. But I'll be ok. I have a backpack :) and I did it before. So, we'll need to pick out a day to trade lol.

well i might just have to hold that thought a1... i think i figured out 55g is too small for the fish i was planning on putting in it, so i may do a tang tank instead. ill still need rocks though. I might try some more brichardi and some other neolamprologus species

I saw those brichardi at ip they looked really cool. I almost got them, good thing I researched first lol. Would you need rocks soon? After this week I have xmas break for 16 days so... lol

Pics! :D
img_1057881_0_e8d58faeb88761176b07965c9c903c26.jpg

img_1057881_1_337bfec4b71fe238ca772d843a709544.jpg

img_1057881_2_67b5c16f99fcc9505bc0498d6abe7d1d.jpg

I did the cave thing on purpose and the plant was accidentally pulled out and I haven't had a chance to put it back.

wow, i actually like the tank minus the creepy SW tank thing that is in a FW tank.

lol, just add some neon gravel and plants and that thing will fit right in :) get me rocks on your break unless its snowing or something, we can figure out a day to trade :)

OK, I know this thread is kinda old, but I've had some new ideas. I took out that sw thing lol and now the tank is empty (of fish). I'm probably going to stock the rest of my 55g tank with hongis or acei (if I can find them). After I'm done using it as a grow out tank, I was thinking maybe keeping some fire bellied toads in there. I'm starting to research them and they seem really cool. Just felt like sharing my thoughts lol.

How about a crawfish tank? We're thinking about turning our 5.5 QT into one once we're done stocking all the tanks. Or even fire belly newts?

Well I've kept crawfish before, and I'm kind of looking to try something new.They are very cool and mine was wild caught so it just ate the detritus on the tank floor, idk about captive ones. Fire bellied newts are cool, just idk if any lfs have them. I'll check. They have similar set ups don't they? Any way I'll research them both lol.

Back
Top Bottom