10g with 2 pea/dwarf puffers! :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brittanykluss

Aquarium Advice Freak
5cwxef.jpg
j7tb43.jpg
finally got some dwarf puffers and man are they cute!
1zogvax.jpg
jb4je9.jpg

heres a video of then acclimating
Dwarf puffer - YouTube

Nice couple. Trust me, the 2 of them will fill up the whole 10g with life :)

I see wrinkles behind his eyes and brownish back, so its a male. The other one has a very distinctive pattern on its back with no wrinkles behind her eyes, so she's a female.

I see wrinkles behind his eyes and brownish back, so its a male. The other one has a very distinctive pattern on its back with no wrinkles behind her eyes, so she's a female.

Thanks! The one with the orange belly is the male right?

yeah the orange belly is a male. males also have a dark line running down its belly (only seen when the male reaches maturity).

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Serious?? 2 tiny little fish for a 10 gallon tank????

They are active funny fishes with lots of character. I didnt like my dp at the beginning since she was so small, but now she is a keeper after some delightful experiences in my 6g.

What do you feed them?

Snails, blood worms, black worms, raw shrimp, and few other stuff.

A healthy one would eat almost anything.

Its very difficult to breed DPs, but do-able. Perhaps 2 DPs in a 20g long has a better chance of breeding.

They are aggressive. I think they guard the eggs and wait until they hatch, which explains a little bit to why they are territorial fishes. Parents will probably eat the kids, but not sure though.

Back
Top Bottom