10g with 2 pea/dwarf puffers! :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah I have looked at them online. You 3 or 4 times what you pay for the fish for shipping. I am gonna go to a town about 45 min away next weekend to go fish shopping so hopefully I will find one then.

Yeah I have looked at them online. You 3 or 4 times what you pay for the fish for shipping. I am gonna go to a town about 45 min away next weekend to go fish shopping so hopefully I will find one then.

You should probably do a good google search to find all the LFS around your area and call them. I use to travel from town to town looking for fish, but would never find what I'm looking for. Now I just call each place and ask.

We are going anyways. We are buying fish for my wife's 55 and the kids 55. The lfs closest to us doesn't have a very good selection. It's funny the wife and kids get a 55 and I get a 10.

So did you start them in brackish water or did you start it in fresh & are gonig to go brakish later?

So did you start them in brackish water or did you start it in fresh & are gonig to go brakish later?
Dp are fw. Other puffs (that I know of) are brackish-full marine, but dp are not. Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong on that, but thats what I have read over and over while researching dp's.

Ahh ok i thought they were brackish/salt as they got older. cool to know. maybe an option for my spare 10G

Ahh ok i thought they were brackish/salt as they got older. cool to know. maybe an option for my spare 10G
I think you are thinking of green spotted puffers. They can live in fw for awhile while young, but brackish is better. The need full marine eventually too IMO.
Yes, dp could be an option for a 10g. :) Research them a lot though, because they do need some very specific care.

I know this thread is old, but curious on how the one DP is doing and if you got the other replacement. I have a DP in a 10g tank alone. Very fun to watch.

Ceej said:
I know this thread is old, but curious on how the one DP is doing and if you got the other replacement. I have a DP in a 10g tank alone. Very fun to watch.

Same here! Dp is doing great and lives with 2 cherry shrimps, ghost shrimps, even nerite snails. Haven't gotten another DP yet.

Awesome! How is your DP with the shrimp? Do they get attacked or no?

Can you post any pics? I have a 5 gallon that I am setting up for dwarf puffers, should I only go with 1 puffer, or can I get 2? How often do your shrimp get killed? I have heard that if they get any taste of shrimp blood. All of the shrimp in your tank will be gone soon!

brittanykluss said:
Nope he doesn't. It's funny only time he messes with the shrimp is when the shrimp gets bloodworm they play tug of war lol

Haha, nice!

FreshwaterTropical said:
Can you post any pics? I have a 5 gallon that I am setting up for dwarf puffers, should I only go with 1 puffer, or can I get 2? How often do your shrimp get killed? I have heard that if they get any taste of shrimp blood. All of the shrimp in your tank will be gone soon!

Only 1 DP per 5 gallons is the rule. Sometimes 3 in a heavily planted 10 gallon. It'll be happier solo in a tank.

Back
Top Bottom