125 FOWLR take 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I mean it's 149.99 on BRS. A JBJ ATO is 99.99 + a pump, so they are fairly close in price. I'm wondering though is it a new product? Or have I just missed it

Yeah I had accepted that I would be buying a JBJ but in all honesty I'd like something a bit more compact. It's going to been ran through the apex unit so I don't really need the big digital controller that the JBJ uses

Just finished up a 20g pwc. Pretty much in a holding pattern till January. Decided I'm going to do 3-50% pwcs the first week of January to get the nitrates down into the 5ish range. I have a TON of stuff I want for the tank but I'm only spending so much. The LEDs and controller are for sure. Depending on what comes in for Christmas, I'll pick from the following list.
ATO,
Another wp40,
Hanna checkers
Filter socks,
There's more but I'm forgetting it right now

so I left the rodi unit on last night, thinking that the leaking problem was solved....just went downstairs to turn the supply valve itself off.... and its leaking water EVRYWHERE. im officially done with this unit. after I ordered the BRS float valve, I called them and asked if the added pressure would harm the unit. they assured me it was fine. well now its caused a huge leak where the pressure gauge connects and I prob just sent my water bill through the roof. ive attempted several times to contact them and they haven't responded so im calling them Monday. the unit was bought on 3-3 and got here on 3-7

Came home tn to a dying niger trigger... I hate this hobby. Water is fine and nothing has changed, yet I lose a fish. The wife and I decided we are going full reef. Inverts and all, now that the trigger is departed

Sorry huma to hear about the trigger. I know the feeling, I hate not knowing why something can just up and die for no apparent reason.

It's the worst feeling. As a semi- advanced hobbyist you try to setup a direction or "end game" for your tank, and you take every step you can towards that. But events like this just stop everything in its tracks. It's beyond frustrating

Sorry to hear that you lost your fish huma. Atleast you get to move to fill reef! I understand the feeling. My tank issues have continued into cyano now. Have you and the wife decided on the kind of reef tank?

It's more than likely going to be an Lps/ Sps mixed reef. More focus on the Lps with some Sps thrown in. I've decided I'm not doing anything at all to the tank until January when upgrade 3.0 comes around. I need to focus on keeping these remaining fish nice and fat so they can handle the changes better. A yellow tang and flame angel will be added in January. Only difference is that with the yellow tang, he will be going into an acrylic box to allow the purple to calm down, and the flame angel is coming from the reputable fish store, not the plague-ridden petco that I got the first 2 doomed angels from

Decided to take on a mini-project! Stopped by giant eagle and picked up the needed ingredients to make my own food. Mr. X gave me a starting point of squid, smelts, whitefish, shrimp and cyclop-eeze. I had to alter it due to not being able to get certain parts, but I ended up with tilapia, flounder, squid, clam, and shrimp. I took care in grinding it up in the food processor, so that I didn't grind it to a pulp. Ended up with a nice chunky paste and the fish seem to like it. Actually I lied, the puffer went absolutely nuts for it. I'll still be feeding the mixed pellets and algae sheets. I'm hoping at some point, once I dial in the food, that I can eliminate the pellets altogether. But that's down the road. Off to attempt to upload some photos

img_2754951_0_0fec7c5acc0309e19ced0aa507b4d973.jpg

Back
Top Bottom