125 FOWLR take 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You don't have to go fancy. I buy bags of frozen mixed seafood and add a fresh white fish to it, grind it while it's still frozen and re-freeze it in baggies. Add your vitamins and garlic during the grind. It's nice to have all fresh to start with, but you are freezing it anyway.

i absolutely love this homemade fish food! it is 100x cleaner and easier to feed. theres no cloudy water mess or anything. simply thaw out a lil chunk, then toss it in. not to mention it cost me $3 to make atleast 2 months worth of food. cant say that im 100% off the premade frozen food train yet (debating on if i want to try another blue face angel next month) figured if i bought the angel food prep, that i could prob finally keep one.

as for the 125. just talked the wifey into bumping up the upgrade v3.0 funds another 300 bucks! The leds and controller are the only for certain parts being ordered in the beginning of january. i have prob about 10-12 other things i want but i dont think i can fit everything in the budget. who knows. i will be piecing together a finalized "gear: list over the next week or so. that way when january rolls around, ill be able to jsut order it all at once. oh and im going to prob plan it so i get everything as close to a friday as possible, that way ill have a 3 day weekend to get it all situated.

That's great to hear. More money is always good for our money sinks! My dormitory won the year's leadership award, so I have more money to throw at mine too. An mp10 is really sounding good...

thats great to hear! my commission wont kick in until feb but im ok with that because the misses already said that my commission checks can be for the fish tank. obviously i would need to use that money for food, salt, equip, as well. but im pretty sure 2 mp40's are first up on that feb commission check!

shall be heading to the lfs in about 15 to pick up a coral banded shrimp!!! way too exc ited for this!!!!!

Shrimp is currently in a tupperware container inside the dt. The puffer nipped a few times at him but gave up rather quickly, hasnt paid any attention at all to the shrimp since. Prob will wait till the morning before letting the shrimp out of the tupperware

Omg snipe thats no good! Bet that changed the way you acclimate yout newcomers.
And Red, i can agree! Mine molted today and almost gave me a heartattack. Thought he died at first lol.

On another note, my direct family is coming over in a mere 7 hours for our Christmas breakfast. Hoping i got a few fish gifts for Christmas lol

Lol...I hear that Huma. Thankfully, no one tried to get me anything for my tank. It is something I have informed others that it is off limits. But with the extra money from work and Xmas, I have a MP40 in route to me :D It'll be interesting to see what happens when it is hooked up...be able to move a powerhead into the sump to stir things up. Just need some caulpera after that.

don't know how close Summerville is to Pittsburgh but I have caulerpa. I ended up getting a mag5 (for my rodi container) a Marine Depot pro fragging kit (score!!), 24' grabber arm (cant remember the name right now), and some new algae feeder clips. although I asked for the magnetic one, im going to attempt to convert these ones over.

Back
Top Bottom