125 FOWLR take 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
huma-huma said:
This is the ASM g-series skimmers my work sells... For the price they are amazing skimmers. The g-5 on our 400g reef show tank pulls the most disgusting dark green skimmate i have ever seen. Thiughts?

Never seen them, but if ur seeing its working, go for it. My LFS uses the aqua one I got on their 180.

And id just like to mention that ive been researching rapidled and wow does this diy led tech go pretty deep lol

Got some cross member supports cut for my stand.. They are temp nailed into the stand until i buy some screws. To help feed everyones constant need for new photos, i snapped some quick pics of the 400g reef tank at work. Enjoy:)

Attachments

• image-3859738129.jpg
    image-3859738129.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 152
  • image-2321932056.jpg
    image-2321932056.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 139
  • image-1581424263.jpg
    image-1581424263.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 152
coffeetwitch said:
i like all that the led's offer but hate the price of them... even the diy kits are high.

Idk bud, rapidleds arent too bad. And thats the route im going with on my setup. But i can agree the leds are expensive. This 400g reef has 4500-5000 in led lighting alone

wow thats the cost of a good used car!!! when you get your kits make sure to take plenty of pictures of your assembly process.

coffeetwitch said:
wow thats the cost of a good used car!!! when you get your kits make sure to take plenty of pictures of your assembly process.

Ohh i def will. Im pretty sure itll be around 400 for my whole fixture.. Which is 3 individual setups

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Great tank huma-huma!!

If youre referring to the night blue pics i uploaded, thats not my tank. Thank you for the compliment though. Mine isnt up and running yet but it shall be soon. Trying to finish the stand now to get it ready for the big install. Id love to make this an in-wall setup but ****ed chimney is in the way

Today was a +1 day at work!! A customer brought in a 5 gallon bucket of Caulerpa for us to use on our 400g reef tank. After unloading it, i struck up conversation with him about exactly what he does with it. Apparently hes got a 65g tank overflowing with it an hes been giving it away. So now i have his name and number, whenever the tanks back up and running imma give him a call and see if i cant get my hands on some. Best part? He said hed give it to me for free!!!

Been kinda slow due to my gf has started school and we had to cut budget a bit. Got everything cycled in the 55 and ready to go. Gonna be looking to have the tank up and running within two weeks... But thats open to adjustment.

Stumbled across a Vertex IN-250 for sale. Owner says its never been usef so we shall see. Only wants 150 for it

Yeah i sent him a reply yesterday asking if it was still 100% intact (motor and all) and he hasnt answered me:( hopefully i get a response today

huma-huma said:
Got some cross member supports cut for my stand.. They are temp nailed into the stand until i buy some screws. To help feed everyones constant need for new photos, i snapped some quick pics of the 400g reef tank at work. Enjoy:)

Love it! Very nice

Back
Top Bottom