12g Nano Cube w/ Current Truelumen Pro LEDs Retro-Fit Upgrade!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Have you checked out the BML lights too? But out of what you have there, I personally like the Sat+. But what are your goals: medium, high, very high lights? The more high you go, the more likely it is to run into problems if you're not balancing everything...especially co2 injection. But the payoff is more compact growth and potentially more colorful stem plants.

You'd be better off with a Ray 2 because it's cheaper and color temperature is warmer...unless you like the bluish hue?

I know I'm fishing here... but how about this TruAqua re-brand LED?

Will look at BML too...

At that point you'd be at 20 or 30 dollars less than a BML. The BML light which would be much better for a hightech tank. I know you're just looking, but I've looked alot and there isn't much more out there. It wasn't to long ago I decided. I went with the Aquatic Life 2 Bulb T5.

At that point you'd be at 20 or 30 dollars less than a BML. The BML light which would be much better for a hightech tank. I know you're just looking, but I've looked alot and there isn't much more out there. It wasn't to long ago I decided. I went with the Aquatic Life 2 Bulb T5.

A bunch of guys at SCAPE are totally against LED for planted tanks; T5, HO or CFL only, as far as they are concerned. Why did you opt for T5, JK?

The 6300° Dutch LED @ 24" is $179... I sent an email to BML sales asking about light level and beam angle.

A bunch of guys at SCAPE are totally against LED for planted tanks; T5, HO or CFL only, as far as they are concerned. Why did you opt for T5, JK?

The 6300° Dutch LED @ 24" is $179... I sent an email to BML sales asking about light level and beam angle.

Honestly, I opted for T5HO because I'm 15 and don't have much money. Also, Dutch tanks I think do best with T5HO because they bring out color better than any LED Ive seen, other than BML.

Reply from BML pre-Sales:

We recommend the 24” Dutch with a 90 degree beam angle. I think 4-6” above the water will work great.

The light level selection simply helps the website recommend the total number of fixtures for your tank; it doesn’t change the power of the fixture we build. The website automatically adjusts the recommended number of fixtures based on the 3 selections you make. The 24” fixture will work great for this tank. However, I do suggest a dimmer so you can control the rate of photosynthesis in your tank.

Hoping I can get away with 1 fixture at $180 a pop...

Judging by what I've seen online from others that use the BML fixtures, along with the stronger type diodes they use, I would go by their recommendation saying that one fixture is adequate. Plus that dimmer option sounds cool too.

Judging by what I've seen online from others that use the BML fixtures, along with the stronger type diodes they use, I would go by their recommendation saying that one fixture is adequate. Plus that dimmer option sounds cool too.

I think I found "my" light :cool:

Sorry to hijack Brian, thanks again for the help and advice to all that responded

No worries... you're welcome. If you need any further confirmation of the BML's effectiveness, you should PM Rivercats.. she's been using a few of them. I don't have first-hand experience using it so my advice should be taken with a grain of salt.

Man... that's a good price!!! Wish I was in Cali to take advantage. Instead the local spot here sells the ADA 60P for $130.

Did you get a stand already? Any other goodies you're getting... or will I just have to wait for the Build Thread?

Did you get a stand already? Any other goodies you're getting... or will I just have to wait for the Build Thread?

Well at the risk of hijacking your thread, and until I start mine, here is the reader's digest version

Tank = 23G CAD Lights ZEN tank (60cm - 23.5" long x 14" deep x 16" tall)
Light = 24" BML Dutch High 90° suspended above tank
Filter = Eheim 2213 (media TBD)
Pipes = TBD

Plan = a heavily planted fw community tank scaped with soil, wood, rocks, etc.

Species of livestock and plants = TBD

The tank will sit on the counter that separates the kitchen from the living room, in view of both rooms, and the light will be suspended from the cabinet above. The canister filter will be stored in the closet behind the kitchen, hoses running through the wall, connected to a 1500VA UPS (along with the light, timer and dimmer)

This is as far as I have gotten... more after pickup on Sunday :brows:

Back
Top Bottom