12g RCS TANK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
EMAN12 said:
Here are some more pics and sorry about the quality of the pics im using my phone.

Lol. I forgot you Already have stocking. Very nice. You're cycled. Always stock slow tho.

Better pics. Beautiful shrimp.

Yea I wont. Im just going to let them reproduce and then im going to add a pair of scarlet badis.

EMAN12 said:
Yea I wont. Im just going to let them reproduce and then im going to add a pair of scarlet badis.

Very cool. Great choice. Your offspring will sell well even.

Its a 12g aquapod so it has a internal filter.

Lol yeah. That would have been my advice. Tina advice blocked me xD jk. She's who I got that from.

If you don't have sufficient plant cover for them, you'll definitely have some get eaten.

I feel bad about people purchasing CPDs anymore, they're nearly extinct I hear :(

MABJ said:
If you don't have sufficient plant cover for them, you'll definitely have some get eaten.

I feel bad about people purchasing CPDs anymore, they're nearly extinct I hear :(

They can be bred in captivity. It's loss of habitat for many fish these days rather than pet trade.

Coursair said:
They can be bred in captivity. It's loss of habitat for many fish these days rather than pet trade.

I heard suppliers aren't actually breeding them yet. Most of these are wild stock. I hope the strain doesn't go extinct. They're very pretty.

MABJ said:
That's pretty low. Time will tell. What are your nitrates?

I think they'll Do just fine. As I understand it, around 6.0 is where they reproduce, but I'm sure someone keeps them low like that successfully.

They can reproduce in a pH of 6-8 if they are happy and healthy enough.

MABJ said:

They're not endangered, just uncommon in the aquarium industry.

I heard suppliers aren't actually breeding them yet. Most of these are wild stock. I hope the strain doesn't go extinct. They're very pretty.

Nah there are lots of people breeding them now. I also heard that they found another large wild source for them apart from the few localities they were originally found in.

They are as easy to breed as any other danio, thankfully, and are great tub/pond spawners.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom