12g RCS TANK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jetajockey said:
Nah there are lots of people breeding them now. I also heard that they found another large wild source for them apart from the few localities they were originally found in.

They are as easy to breed as any other danio, thankfully, and are great tub/pond spawners.

That's great!! The articles I read were over a year old. I'm so happy to hear that.

maxwellag said:
They can reproduce in a pH of 6-8 if they are happy and healthy enough.

Are we talking about CRS? I have never heard of them breeding over 7.5. Believe me I wish they would so I could keep them. Where have you read this/done it?

MABJ said:
Are we talking about CRS? I have never heard of them breeding over 7.5. Believe me I wish they would so I could keep them. Where have you read this/done it?

I was reading a thread about it in the planted tank forum. A guy said that he did an experiment and had a tank at 6 and then another one at 8, and had CRS in each. Both bred eventually, but the one with the pH of 6 bred more frequently.

maxwellag said:
I was reading a thread about it in the planted tank forum. A guy said that he did an experiment and had a tank at 6 and then another one at 8, and had CRS in each. Both bred eventually, but the one with the pH of 6 bred more frequently.

Interesting. I'd feel more comfortable with a little lower ph, but that's really good to know. I will say there are other factors involved tho

MABJ said:
Interesting. I'd feel more comfortable with a little lower ph, but that's really good to know. I will say there are other factors involved tho

Yeah. He claimed to feed them exactly the same thing and do exactly the same maintenance. I think I am going to try CRS in my spec. I'll use distilled water and peatmoss in the filter first, to see how low I can get it. I'll have to test that out.

maxwellag said:
Yeah. He claimed to feed them exactly the same thing and do exactly the same maintenance. I think I am going to try CRS in my spec. I'll use distilled water and peatmoss in the filter first, to see how low I can get it. I'll have to test that out.

Let me know EXACTLY what you do, because I'd purchase another Fluval product just to house them. I'd breed good quality SS/SS+ too

MABJ said:
Let me know EXACTLY what you do, because I'd purchase another Fluval product just to house them. I'd breed good quality SS/SS+ too

Yeah I think if I'm gonna breed CRS I might as well start with lower grade and go higher. What tank would you get to house them? I think the ebi wold be a good breeding tank for them.
Woah, we are way off topic. lol.

maxwellag said:
Yeah I think if I'm gonna breed CRS I might as well start with lower grade and go higher. What tank would you get to house them? I think the ebi wold be a good breeding tank for them.
Woah, we are way off topic. lol.

<_> we can take it to PM. Sorry. Oh the shrimp possibilities!

EMAN12 said:
My new led light friom "WAVE POINT"

16watts

That doesn't look like it is going to cut it light wise..

Its 1w per led and theres 16 leds
The box says its high output and the light looks really strong

Fishandmusic81 said:
Nice RCS tank 
I'm definitely turning my hermit crab tank to a RCS tank now lol

Thanks.

These shrimp are really easy.

I hope it works don't get me wrong. I was just eyeballing it.

I know that's a good name Light, so I hope it grows them at a steady rate :)

If it makes the plants grow slow its fine because I wont have anywhere to put them my 100g is full of plants.

Its 1w per led and theres 16 leds
The box says its high output and the light looks really strong

I'm afraid that will only be able to grow low light plants. :( My Fluval Spec 2g tank has 21 single watt LEDs and it is barely high light on the tank.

maxwellag said:
I'm afraid that will only be able to grow low light plants. :( My Fluval Spec 2g tank has 21 single watt LEDs and it is barely high light on the tank.

If that even/: the light will have a hard time penetrating to the floor.

I decided to take out all my plants and just make a moss tank with RCS and CPD. I just put in some endler guppies to clean up the food that my CPD didn't eat because I gave them to much but tomorrow they are going back into their 100g tank.

Im going to pick up some flame moss to try to make a carpet and x-moss to make a moss wall this week.

Im having a snail problem right now I had to add a assassin snail but its not helping so im just trying to catch them all.

ForumRunner_20120528_012551.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom