150g planted tank build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are these ones easy to follow? I bought some before and couldn't understand it at all

Ha about that...I haven't dosed them yet. I've been so tired and I've been sleeping just about every chance I get.

CSM + B: Mix with a ratio of 1/4 cup of CSM + B to 2 cups water. Dose 1-4 drops per gallon per day. Start with the lowest dose of 1 drop per gallon per day and stay with that dose for 2-3 weeks before deciding to increase the dose. Increase the dose based on the needs of your plants. There are 76 drops in a teaspoon.
Macro Micro Nutrient mixing instructions: Mix with a ratio of 1/4 cup of Macro Micro Nutrient Mix to 2 cups water. Dose 1-4 drops per gallon per day. Start with the lowest dose of 1 drop per gallon per day and stay with that dose for 2-3 weeks before deciding to increase the dose. Increase the dose based on the needs of your plants. There are 76 drops in a teaspoon.

That's what the site has for dosing. There are no directions for anything else :confused:

Don't know what to do...

Mr.Pleco said:
Ha about that...I haven't dosed them yet. I've been so tired and I've been sleeping just about every chance I get.

CSM + B: Mix with a ratio of 1/4 cup of CSM + B to 2 cups water. Dose 1-4 drops per gallon per day. Start with the lowest dose of 1 drop per gallon per day and stay with that dose for 2-3 weeks before deciding to increase the dose. Increase the dose based on the needs of your plants. There are 76 drops in a teaspoon.
Macro Micro Nutrient mixing instructions: Mix with a ratio of 1/4 cup of Macro Micro Nutrient Mix to 2 cups water. Dose 1-4 drops per gallon per day. Start with the lowest dose of 1 drop per gallon per day and stay with that dose for 2-3 weeks before deciding to increase the dose. Increase the dose based on the needs of your plants. There are 76 drops in a teaspoon.

That's what the site has for dosing. There are no directions for anything else :confused:

Don't know what to do...

Well luckily a lot of people on here use o it yourself fertz so I'm sure you will be able to find it on here, I would start of small as it says.

I just ordered from the website you have they deliver world wide so hopefully it don't take to long to get to the uk

richpowell1989 said:
Well luckily a lot of people on here use o it yourself fertz so I'm sure you will be able to find it on here, I would start of small as it says.

I just ordered from the website you have they deliver world wide so hopefully it don't take to long to get to the uk

Yeah..I'll ask around.
The people are based in California and I got it in a few days. Think 3 or 4 if I remember correctly.

What's you order?

Very nice.

I have incredible news. I was searching on craigslist for the hell of it and decided to search discus for the hell of it and came across an add for discus!

I called the guy, he originally bought them from where I buy my fish and he needs them gone. Said there were 3 huge ones..about 5 or 6 inches and 2 smaller ones and 2 more. He said 1 wasn't doing so well but the rest were.

Said he paid $130 for the big ones and then $200 for a breading pair...

But he said he needs them gone so he'd cut me a great deal..all 7 for $250.

Don't think I can pass that up since they are 3 for $150 at Marinewarehouse and they are the small ones.

Bought some peat moss to start lowering ph so I'm getting ready to tackle taking my stand apart to put it in...

Mr.Pleco said:
Very nice.

I have incredible news. I was searching on craigslist for the hell of it and decided to search discus for the hell of it and came across an add for discus!

I called the guy, he originally bought them from where I buy my fish and he needs them gone. Said there were 3 huge ones..about 5 or 6 inches and 2 smaller ones and 2 more. He said 1 wasn't doing so well but the rest were.

Said he paid $130 for the big ones and then $200 for a breading pair...

But he said he needs them gone so he'd cut me a great deal..all 7 for $250.

Don't think I can pass that up since they are 3 for $150 at Marinewarehouse and they are the small ones.

Bought some peat moss to start lowering ph so I'm getting ready to tackle taking my stand apart to put it in...

I would snap them up right away, have you got them yet?

I would snap them up right away, have you got them yet?

No, I called him and he said he was actually going to look into trading them into a store and then I texted him. So I get paid Wednesday and he said he could wait til then. So I'll have them by the end of the week :)
Happy Valentines Day to myself :dance:

Mr.Pleco said:
No, I called him and he said he was actually going to look into trading them into a store and then I texted him. So I get paid Wednesday and he said he could wait til then. So I'll have them by the end of the week :)
Happy Valentines Day to myself :dance:

Wow ! Great news I'm happy for you, I wish I could fine something like this :) not that I've got the room lol do you no what breed of discus they are?

the Mrs has offered to get me a new tank and full setup for a Valentine present, she wanted a laptop so couldn't argue really :)

Wow ! Great news I'm happy for you, I wish I could fine something like this :) not that I've got the room lol do you no what breed of discus they are?

the Mrs has offered to get me a new tank and full setup for a Valentine present, she wanted a laptop so couldn't argue really :)

Here is the link..there are 7 total..not sure if they are all in the picures.
Discus for sale

I'm about to look them up. Got the peat in the canister so hopefully we'll see some lower ph by the end of the week. I'm pretty much done stock wise after this lol other than plants

Well if she offered you should probably take her up on it...how big of a tank is in the offer?

Mr.Pleco said:
Here is the link..there are 7 total..not sure if they are all in the picures.
Discus for sale

I'm about to look them up. Got the peat in the canister so hopefully we'll see some lower ph by the end of the week. I'm pretty much done stock wise after this lol other than plants

Well if she offered you should probably take her up on it...how big of a tank is in the offer?

They look very nice I'm jealous :)

Yeah there is always room for more plants lol

Well I had my eye on a new 75 gallon and my local lfs are having a half price sale so she said I van pick any one I want which is dangerous haha

Thanks man :)
I'm glad my random craigslist searching has paid off.

Hahaha, I hope she knows what she's got herself into.

I'm glad my girlfriend bought me the fish that got me back into wanting fish. Then I went crazy and got 5 tanks in a year lol

Thinking another fw?

Mr.Pleco said:
Thanks man :)
I'm glad my random craigslist searching has paid off.

Hahaha, I hope she knows what she's got herself into.

I'm glad my girlfriend bought me the fish that got me back into wanting fish. Then I went crazy and got 5 tanks in a year lol

Thinking another fw?

Yeah I think I'm going to try and keep some more harder to keep plant and fish species give myself a challenge.

Yeah I went through a stage were I didn't want to keep fish either and stayed away for about a year but then I can't really say what made me change my mind again but one day I snap and caught the bug again, so glad I did though I love watching your own little under water worlds come to live.

I dont think she can moan she wants me to decorate the loving this weekend so she is using the tank as a bargaining chip lol

Yeah I think I'm going to try and keep some more harder to keep plant and fish species give myself a challenge.

Yeah I went through a stage were I didn't want to keep fish either and stayed away for about a year but then I can't really say what made me change my mind again but one day I snap and caught the bug again, so glad I did though I love watching your own little under water worlds come to live.

I dont think she can moan she wants me to decorate the loving this weekend so she is using the tank as a bargaining chip lol

Sounds like a fun project. Now that I have the bulbs in I want to get some red plants.

I got tired of it because I was younger so I wasn't really envolved and it was a 10g. The water parameters were always a mess and it was hard to keep fish. That pleco was the only thing I could keep alive..it got to 9in
Then I started dating my gf and she wanted to buy goldfish and I was like well uh...I'll just go buy a 50g tank lol

I'd say you are a pretty lucky guy to have the girl bribe you with more tanks haha

Mr.Pleco said:
Sounds like a fun project. Now that I have the bulbs in I want to get some red plants.

I got tired of it because I was younger so I wasn't really envolved and it was a 10g. The water parameters were always a mess and it was hard to keep fish. That pleco was the only thing I could keep alive..it got to 9in
Then I started dating my gf and she wanted to buy goldfish and I was like well uh...I'll just go buy a 50g tank lol

I'd say you are a pretty lucky guy to have the girl bribe you with more tanks haha

She knows its the only thing she can bribe me with lol

As for the red plants you have to have very strong lighting and co2, your lights will be fine but I can't remember if you run co2 or not

Well when I got out of the hobby I was moving and I did have a 340 gallon tank it was HUGE and didn't have room for it were I did live so just didn't get around to getting a new tank but now I live were I am now I had the room so got straight back in

richpowell1989 said:
She knows its the only thong she can bribe me with lol

As for the red plants you have to have very strong lighting and co2, your lights will be fine but I can't remember if you run co2 or not

Well when I got out of the hobby I was moving and I did have a 340 gallon tank it was HUGE and didn't have room for it were I did live so just didn't get around to getting a new tank but now I live were I am now I had the room so got straight back in

Very nice. And yeah I have co2 running inline on my can.

But jeeze if I had a tank that size I'd go crazy. I've already started planning a 1320g tank hahah when I'm rich.

Oh and got some bad news..I showed someone the pictures of the discus and he said they didn't look too good and I should avoid them. So its not looking good.

Mr.Pleco said:
Very nice. And yeah I have co2 running inline on my can.

But jeeze if I had a tank that size I'd go crazy. I've already started planning a 1320g tank hahah when I'm rich.

Oh and got some bad news..I showed someone the pictures of the discus and he said they didn't look too good and I should avoid them. So its not looking good.

What did they say was wrong with them? But if this person knows what they are talking about I would listen discus can be an expensive addition to your tank the last thing you want is them to die!!

Wow that's big so what do you have planned for the tank then haha

richpowell1989 said:
What did they say was wrong with them? But if this person knows what they are talking about I would listen discus can be an expensive addition to your tank the last thing you want is them to die!!

Wow that's big so what do you have planned for the tank then haha

Cloudy/misshaped eye on the big one and some of the others looked thin which could lead to parasites and stuff.

Uh not sure yet, need about $30k first ha. The filtration/plumbing alone is $10k on the site. I'd say FW but plants don't get that big -_- so probably SW lol some crazy stuff

Back
Top Bottom