150g planted tank build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have them on my 125 gallon and I can only say good thinks I have had great results with them but I no they are not the best

Well it's not like my plants are doing bad with even the 1 HO on each lamp going. They just aren't growing a ton.

Went to marinewarehouse with my buddy and ended up getting
2 clown pleco's
9 phantom tetra's
10 neon's
3 water sprite
1 cabomba
1 anubis

so should be good til next week!

T5 Ho are very good anyway so doubt you will have any problems, anyway they are so good you should be fine for now,

Nice selection just make sure they don't end up in your sump again haha

T5 Ho are very good anyway so doubt you will have any problems, anyway they are so good you should be fine for now,

Nice selection just make sure they don't end up in your sump again haha

Thank you thank you. I'm going to put something across the overflow intakes so the fish can't get through as easily. I had screen over the intake pipes but nothing got through and eventually made lots of noise and I've be fishing fish out of my overflows for hours :banghead:
At least the only fish that get in my overflows are the loaches and neons..and the loaches are bigger so they stay in one spot and have water running over them so they stay alove. The neons move around and end up in the middle with no water. Good thing they were only $1

Up to 73 fish...it's looking very nice. I'll try and put up a short video once all the plants start taking off.

Mr.Pleco said:
Thank you thank you. I'm going to put something across the overflow intakes so the fish can't get through as easily. I had screen over the intake pipes but nothing got through and eventually made lots of noise and I've be fishing fish out of my overflows for hours :banghead:
At least the only fish that get in my overflows are the loaches and neons..and the loaches are bigger so they stay in one spot and have water running over them so they stay alove. The neons move around and end up in the middle with no water. Good thing they were only $1

Up to 73 fish...it's looking very nice. I'll try and put up a short video once all the plants start taking off.

Good can't wait to see it

And I no what you mean I sucked up a load in my sump when I first got it but I put a connector on the end and it didn't happened again.

Did you manage to stop them from getting in?

Didn't have any for a few days. Looked this morning and had 1 neon. So it's going down. Haven't put anything on the overflows yet. BUT I noticed the new phantom's I bought started to get some ich spots..fml. So I'm finishing up a wc right now.

Hopefully nothing bad happens...

Mr.Pleco said:
Didn't have any for a few days. Looked this morning and had 1 neon. So it's going down. Haven't put anything on the overflows yet. BUT I noticed the new phantom's I bought started to get some ich spots..fml. So I'm finishing up a wc right now.

Hopefully nothing bad happens...

What are you doing to stop the ich? What did you plan on putting on the pipes?

Going to see of the water change clears it up and if not i'll go buy a bottle of ich meds.
As far as fish in the overflow, haven't figured out what would be best. Can't put anything over the pipes bc it'll make noises when it's clogged.
Need something that's not too thick so water and debris and get through but big enough so fish can't get through.

Mr.Pleco said:
Going to see of the water change clears it up and if not i'll go buy a bottle of ich meds.
As far as fish in the overflow, haven't figured out what would be best. Can't put anything over the pipes bc it'll make noises when it's clogged.
Need something that's not too thick so water and debris and get through but big enough so fish can't get through.

How about a wide net? One with larger holes, you could try turning up the temperature it helps speed up the ich process

richpowell1989 said:
How about a wide net? One with larger holes, you could try turning up the temperature it helps speed up the ich process

Could work. Gotta brain storm for a bit and see what I think of.
Totally forgot about that...good call. How high you think I should get it to?

Mr.Pleco said:
Could work. Gotta brain storm for a bit and see what I think of.
Totally forgot about that...good call. How high you think I should get it to?

What do you have it at currently ? I just looked through my bold for you and it says turn it up to 85 but they don't recommend going higher than 80 but turn it up slowly over a few days

What do you have it at currently ? I just looked through my bold for you and it says turn it up to 85 but they don't recommend going higher than 80 but turn it up slowly over a few days

All my tanks are at 75 usually. I turned the heater up a little. I'll keep my eye on the thermometer.

Yeah that's good if you turn it up to quickly it can harm your fish, what kind of symptoms do they have?

There are just 4 or 5 that have started getting white spots. They are all schooling so they aren't really acting any different other than spots.
It's only the phantoms though thank god.

Mr.Pleco said:
There are just 4 or 5 that have started getting white spots. They are all schooling so they aren't really acting any different other than spots.
It's only the phantoms though thank god.

Some times it is called by stress have you been moving stuff round much? That's how i first got it in my tank a few years ago? Also just keep an eye on the others it will spread if not treated

richpowell1989 said:
Some times it is called by stress have you been moving stuff round much? That's how i first got it in my tank a few years ago? Also just keep an eye on the others it will spread if not treated

I've been checking. Haven't noticed any yet. The only thing I did was add plants and m pretty sure I put the fish in after that.
I did somewhat change the flakes? I was running low so I added a different kind into the container? Only thing I could think of.

I didn't notice any but I'll check when I go back this week. I'll talk to Steve, he's good to us and gives us deals so I'm sure I could get a discount on new fish.
I'll turn the heat up a little more when I get home and stop and get a bottle of ich med.

Mr.Pleco said:
I didn't notice any but I'll check when I go back this week. I'll talk to Steve, he's good to us and gives us deals so I'm sure I could get a discount on new fish.
I'll turn the heat up a little more when I get home and stop and get a bottle of ich med.

I do agree because I think its best to try and catch it now without it spreading

Well the phantoms look much better but there are a few spots on a few of the rainbows. Bought a bottle and turned the heat up a little earlier. Then I'm going to search this thread and see what ferts I'm supposed to buy.

Just bought RootMedic Complete Capsules, Potassium Sulfate, Potassium Nitrate, Mono Potassium Phosphate, and Macro Micro Nutrient Mix.

And bought 2 Hagen Life-glo II bulbs..be here in 2 days!

Back
Top Bottom