180 gal reef set up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
These have awesome ventilation I still have to stain the frame to match the stand but that will get done the day after the liverock is in cycling is going fast ammonia down to .25 nitrite between .25&.50 nitrate at 20

I gotta question. I have a colony of zoas that have spread a across the live rock I can't move the rock into the 180 its in the 55 that's full of hair algea how do I remove them without tearing or killing them any advise would be helpfull

There are many choices. I would pics 2 tangs and perhaps a dwarf angel. Maybe a pair of clowns and a goby of some sort. snails/crabs/shrimp, and your done.

I've got a maroon gold stripe and its pretty aggressive it will bite me when I get in the tank doesn't bother any of the fish unless they get near the bubble tip. Do you think I could put a black oscelaris clown in on the opposite side with another bt.
I also have a coral beauty that I am moving over. I listed everything in a earlier post
What about corals I have the ones I'm transferring on the same post

Reef79 said:
I've got a maroon gold stripe and its pretty aggressive it will bite me when I get in the tank doesn't bother any of the fish unless they get near the bubble tip. Do you think I could put a black oscelaris clown in on the opposite side with another bt.
I also have a coral beauty that I am moving over. I listed everything in a earlier post

I would not add another clown, the Maroon would probably kill the newly added specimen.

I would not add another clown. There is no guarantee that they will stay apart, and the odds are in favor that they won't.
I would just keep the current stock list and maybe add a couple tangs. A yellow and a hippo maybe. So, then you have a nice bunch of colors.

Its sugar sand and I just stirred it up. I had to take a bunch of the free rock I got out it was just to much.

Its sugar sand and I just stirred it up. I had to take a bunch of the free rock I got out it was just to much.

Oh ok cool. A great product to have is Crytstal Clear. The water is soooooo clear after a couple hours. Even though my tank is clean and has been set up for a few months I still use it every week and people always ask me how I get it so clear. And it's cheap, only about $2 for 400g of water.

Cycle is over now going to start transferring stock of 55 tomorrow ill still have 55 up for a couple of months in case something becomes an issue I only have three fish all small so don't think ill have any

Back
Top Bottom