180 gal reef set up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yea definetly want some big colors on the ones left to get so so I'm gonna b real pickey thanks I will check them out

I would slowly get the corals used to those new lights. Put them on the sand bed and work them up the rock. That pectinia coral isn't high light anyway. Tank is looking good!

OK ill drop them down I've got the lights on only 6 hours trying to get them adapted without burning them. Thanks

Pectinia and candy cane wont feed with the blue leds on at night any thoughts I've been shutting them off at night when I go to bed and turning them on when I get up so they get 6 to 7 hours to feed. Thoughts???

The blues on these fixtures are pretty bright. Just attempt to feed them when they are on only and eventually they will take the food. They don't need to be fed anyway.

What I meant was there only opening in darkness to feed ( put feeding tentacles out) I can take a pic if that helps explain

You can "train" corals to put out feeders in the daytime with lights on, by introducing food to them in the daytime on a consistent basis.

Most corals get all the food they need from your lights and the water column anyway, so no need to feed. :)

I'm not feeding the corals all pectinia coral if healthy will expel feeding tentacles at night. Mine is not with the blue led lights on overnight

Those LEDs are not meant for use as moonlights. You will end up killing your corals, depriving them of a night time. You must shut those blues off at night..

OK thanks I thought they were moonlights I knew something was off I was gonna put them on the timer tonight. Appreciate the Info

20120419_174912-1.jpg

Things looking better now all but 2 of these heads splitting tank looks so void getting ready to order a reef cleaner package any advice on good sources

Yea tried to go order problem is its gonna take 2 days that's longer than it takes for them to have issues with temp I would need to get them overnight guaranteed next day in central Illinois. That's my biggest issue with ordering on line my live rock came from saltwater fish.com it was cold dry and no life took 4 and a half days to get to me and I paid for priority overnight

I ordered my clean up crew from reef cleaners. I don't remember how long it took. But, all arrived fine and alive. Central Indiana.

OK here's the deal brother in laws tank 90 gallon ballest caught fire now I have all his rock fish etc
Unicorn tang 9"
Cinnamon clown large and old
Bi color angel Which I have a reef tank gonna throw it in sump
Large red sea sailfin
Neon wrasse
14" brittle star
Large damsel Which is going in 55
2 large yellow tangs
And Over 100 pounds live rock
I think I'm gonna head to lfs tomorrow see if they will take angel damsel and cinnamon clown or if there is anyone close to central Illinois I will give them away

Creations has good healthy fish but corals have flat worms so u have to.dip them before. I use a lot of different lfs Jacksonville has one and aquarium obsessions in bartonville opened last October. I live in Virginia but I work in Springfield right by the fish man I don't use them much though high priced and not had a whole lot of success with there livestock Creations is way better priced and has healthier livestock. Imo

I don't care for fish man either, I got my tank and some fish from aquatic treasures in Jacksonville, I like the guys who run the store there, but the selection is small. I know it's not local, but seascape studio in st Louis is nice I've been using them and live aquaria lately. Where is creations

Back
Top Bottom