180 Gallon Tank - No Idea What to Stock With!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Get a fire eel they are really cool and you can hand feed them.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Dojo Loach. I love them so much! Mine recently passed away, but they are so amusing to watch!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Predator tank is what I would do with 180 gallons. School of hujeta gar. And platys with hiding spots so that some always live, but you wouldn't have to buy feeders.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I appreciate the suggestions guys, but I already said that I want a community tank. I don't think gar or an arowana would fall into that category.

Pretty sure that altum angels are a lot per fish... Plus, I don't really like wild caught fish.

Right now I am leaning towards
Angels, Apistos/Rams, Cory Cats, Geos, a couple plecos, and 4-5 largish schools of fish. That would be if I go the south american theme.

If I go the pretty scaped thing, it would be:
Angels, Apistos/Rams, Cory Cats, a female betta sorority(?), a couple plecos, and 4-5 largish schools of fish, with possibly a few upside down cats. I really like those :)

Would that even be enough fish?? :lol:

If you were looking to save some money you could breed some bettas, sort out the females and sell the rest. Theyre very easy to breed

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Right now I am leaning towards
Angels, Apistos/Rams, Cory Cats, Geos, a couple plecos, and 4-5 largish schools of fish. That would be if I go the south american theme.

If I go the pretty scaped thing, it would be:
Angels, Apistos/Rams, Cory Cats, a female betta sorority(?), a couple plecos, and 4-5 largish schools of fish, with possibly a few upside down cats. I really like those :)

Would that even be enough fish?? :lol:

I reckon you're on to it with that mix. I can't go past a zebra danio for a schooling fish. So much life and school personality. I'd like you to get 30-40 odd harlequin rasboras too so I can see the pics of them shoaling!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Harly rasbora's would be cool. They're really pretty in a large school.

Forgot to add I will have my three gold barbs in there somewhere as well.

I like the look of both angels and rams I currently have platinums with my german blue and gold rams.

Tiger Oscar.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice assuming the app didn't crash.

Back
Top Bottom