2.3g Longggg - Shrimp Tank Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Woweeee!! Looks amazzzing!!

I love it, mumma!

You need to come over here and help me with my tank. It looks terrible. Lol!

Wow thanks everyone :D
The blyxa japonica arrived today. It's just floating in the tank for now. When I get around to planting it I'll post some more pics. Got some subwusertang also but I don't know if I'll use it in this tank or another. Would prefer to use some nice moss instead so I'm keeping my eye out for some.

Mumma, you are amazing! When you write your how-to book, complete with photos, I want to buy your first copy :)
Signed! :whistle:

Thank you!
You guys are giving me a big head lol.

image-1141884163.jpg

The blyxa japonica is sort of melting so I hope it makes a recovery. There are 3 plants on the left side of the tank. The downoi melted a bit but seems to he recovering already.

image-2445003507.jpg

These plants (dwarf rush I think) seem to be growing new roots so I have left them on the right side and the back.

image-3406969833.jpg

The hair grass is growing out if the water.

Last edited:
Allot of new plants melt when adjusting to a new tank, happens to me some times especially with crypts.

Still looking great!!! I'm sure I missed it but what type of shrimp do you have planned?

Flowers!!

image-3287710287.jpg

I added a bristlenose yesterday to help clean up some decaying plants and the diatoms starting to appear. He is very small and I have room for him elsewhere so don't worry!

image-2844162850.jpg

Can't get a clear picture of the little bugger so this'll have to do.

I think I'm going to loose the blyxa japonica :(

The shrimp are a nice addition! And you lucky duck, you have flowers!!!

Thanks. At first I thought the flowers where just a last ditch effort because the plants didn't like being submerged but they are growing some nice healthy new roots so I'm happy with that!

Very nice tank!

Thank you :)

image-2120158638.jpg

You can see the difference in growth since its been in the tank. Already had to cut the stems in half and replant.

image-3424398723.jpg

Lots of new roots :)

image-3963375751.jpg

All the old growth melted off the downoi but it already has some new growth.

image-3329245276.jpg

Lots of growth in the riccia stones.

I attempted to syphon some muck of the bottom of the tank today but its SO HARD! Ended up attaching an airline to a stick to try reach the bottom. Worked ok but I'll have to figure some thing else out. Under the arch of the logs is getting pretty dirty and ugly.

Last edited:
Finally! Today I spotted two tiny shrimplets. :) Near it is what I think is a seed shrimp. There are pond snails, limpets and hydra also. Not too happy to find the hydra but there's only a half dozen or so.... so far. Been trying to clean them off the glass and remove them.

image-3793908235.jpg

image-2846855356.jpg

Another horrible picture if the BNP.

image-1709394717.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom