2 female betta, 1 gallon vase

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaNomad196

Aquarium Advice Freak
OK, due to a Petsmart employee's advice I put 2 female betta in a 1 gallon unfiltered, heated, or lighted bowl/vase thing. I heard it'll work and the temperature should be fine as it is. They've been fine all night so far, and I can't give them back, give them away, or buy another tank :(, it was free from a friend. My mom might buy a 1 gal tank with hood/light and maybe filter. So that's my latest addition to the fish family along with my platy named Gunther in his own filtered lighted 1 gal (I know, platies need much more, but I didn't know that when I bought him, but he's very active and I can't get something else.

You are going to want a ten gallon at the least. The platy and Bettas should hopefully get along together in the ten. That's my best advice. Good luck

They aren't together, the bettas have a seperate tank, my platy murdered a couple fish already, so we can't put him with bettas, or someone will die.

I advise to put your two betas in one of those .5 gallon tanks with the dividers, so each fish would have .25 gallon tanks

Don't use that word... The platy is going to want ten gallons, and so are the Bettas. So it looks like you have an excuse for two more tanks.

Oh yea I forgot

You should get one of those tanks and put in 2 more dividers and 2 more fish so they would each have .125 gallons.

:p

You should get one of those tanks and put in 2 more dividers and 2 more fish so they would each have .125 gallons.

Nah, too big for bettas, it'll stress em and give em a heart attack. Instead, let's add a shrimp.

No but seriously mods, get this guy off this site. IP ban would be greatly appreciated.

Bottom line get rid of the fish. You can't give them what they need.

What do you mean? I'm 14 and I breed and sell fish all the time... Plus I'm pretty sure it was a typo but you said you could in the original post.

But until then your out of luck. Sorry bud not much works with tiny tanks

I know... well I knew the platy needs upgraded, I thought the bettas wouldn't due to articles online and a Petsmart employee.

Yeah no. Bettas don't really like that. The whole Bettas in little tanks thing all comes down to capitalism. In case you're wondering fish don't do well with capitalistic plots to make money. Bettas will do fine in 2.5+ gallons. I wouldn't do less than 5 though. Platies are a 10+ gallon fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom