2 female betta, 1 gallon vase

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Uhh why aren't you buying your stuff? I bought my own test kit, and I'm a only year older than you. This hobby takes lots of cash

And if you've got cycled tanks and know the signs of a healthy tank test kits become less useful. It's really hard to get 1 gal parameters stable though

Their fighting and tail-whipping.... I hope mine dies IF ANY, which I'd rather neither, but my brother's only fish is this betta, I still have a platy. I hope both survives... :(

I know but my mom won't buy one, No pics, it's night and too dark and takes a while to upload, I will give one tomorrow morning!

If your mom won't buy one, start doing stuff around the house since you're too young for a proper job. You can get away with a small allowance.

Yeah you're right about the test kits/experience trade off. I was just pointing out I've never used one. If you can't get a test kit right now, in the mean time change the water once a day.

If your mom won't buy one, start doing stuff around the house since you're too young for a proper job. You can get away with a small allowance.

Agreed. I first got into fish keeping at like 12 and I bought my own 10 gal. Now I have 2 tens, a 46, and a 20. Been mowing a lot of lawns

Agreed. I first got into fish keeping at like 12 and I bought my own 10 gal. Now I have 2 tens, a 46, and a 20. Been mowing a lot of lawns

Haha, my jobs consisted of fixing family computers :) my dad is an electrical engineer, so he taught me a few things. Easiest job ever.

Now I work at my lfs.

Haha, my jobs consisted of fixing family computers :) my dad is an electrical engineer, so he taught me a few things. Easiest job ever.

Nice haha. Once I can drive I can't wait to get a legit job (Lfs?)

Yeah the people there would hire me in a heart beat (or at least that's what they told me lol) but the closest one is like 25 miles away. Which isn't fun to bike to twice a day. I'm saving cash for my first car now so I can't wait.

Yeah the people there would hire me in a heart beat (or at least that's what they told me lol) but the closest one is like 25 miles away. Which isn't fun to bike to twice a day. I'm saving cash for my first car now so I can't wait.

It's a bit intimidating. There's a girl I work with (also 16) that is breeding fish at the salty side while I breed loricarids in the fresh side. It's a constant competition. Right now I'm winning. My best friend that I also work with specializes in aqua culturing shrimp for the store. He really doesn't get the hype haha.

It's not only about bragging rights though, whoever breeds the best fish gets a raise.

Haha that's awesome.I breed some endlers, cories, stuff like that. Wish it was enough to pay of the fish tank costs lol. Maybe someday

Haha that's awesome.I breed some endlers, cories, stuff like that. Wish it was enough to pay of the fish tank costs lol. Maybe someday

Where do you sell the endlers? I might be interested. Also cories depending what kind.

Also you play lacrosse? Me too!

I sell almost everything I breed to my lfs. I'm trying to get setup on aquabid that way I get a lot more people that give something other than store credit lol. I don't have any cories right now, been tryin to get them in so they can start breeding but life has kinda gotten in the way lol. Sold all of them recently. I manly grow plants though, that's kind of a biggie for me. I just keep fish and they start breeding and I just go along with it and raise the fry.

Oh and yeah go lacrosse!

I sell almost everything I breed to my lfs. I'm trying to get setup on aquabid that way I get a lot more people that give something other than store credit lol. I don't have any cories right now, been tryin to get them in so they can start breeding but life has kinda gotten in the way lol. Sold all of them recently. I manly grow plants though, that's kind of a biggie for me. I just keep fish and they start breeding and I just go along with it and raise the fry.

Oh and yeah go lacrosse!

Good luck on aquabid lol. I don't even want to stress myself out over packing and DOA policies.

Yeah it'll be a big leap. Once I get past the first couple sells than it should be pretty straightforward though.

Saved... my friend has a 60 gallon with heater and filter with black skirt tetras, some cichlid, and I believe that's it. We put my betta in it's store cup and we're giving it to my friend's 60 tomorrow so one betta gets the territory it almost murdered over, and one gets safety for once! So excited!

What cichlid? Bettas and cichlids don't really mesh depending in the type

Saved... my friend has a 60 gallon with heater and filter with black skirt tetras, some cichlid, and I believe that's it. We put my betta in it's store cup and we're giving it to my friend's 60 tomorrow so one betta gets the territory it almost murdered over, and one gets safety for once! So excited!

I'm glad your giving one away (because 2 females in anything less than 5 gallons is certain death), but you should reallyyyyy give all your fish to them. Or, loan them to him/her until you can get a larger tank.

You are basically torchering your platy to death by keeping him in such a small space. If you knew your friend had such a large tank, I don't understand why you didn't already do that if you really care about your fish's well being.

A betta can do OKAY in a 1 gallon, I keep my show fish and juvenile males in 1 gallons and smaller, but it's definitely not good for long term. Especially for females, they are way more active than males and therefore require more room.

My friend's fish tank is like 95% full, so a platy would make it over 100%... overstock it. Whereas a betta takes less room so it wouldn't overstock it. But guys my mom surprised me, we are getting my betta his own little tank :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom