2 female betta, 1 gallon vase

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that's why I don't go to petsmart. They are trained to make money not to give fish keeping advice.

Yeah they are trained to sell stuff not give advice. Oops it said the first post didn't send. Sry

Yeah that's alright. Fish at chain stores are sometimes alright, definitely not advice. But hey, that's what the forum is for. You can always order fish too.

hold on I had a beta for about two years in a fish bowl about 1 gallon and fed it once a week

For now, 100% water changes every day or two on all the tanks. Because they are so small, un filtered, not cycled, and with a big bioload, ammonia nitrites nitrates etc are gonna build up FAST

Never mind, one betta died, it got murdered... I saw them fight, ran up, and mine is curled to the side frozen up.

Never mind, it's fins are moving, hardly, but he can't move.... dang it, time to get money back for Petsmart's 14-day guarentee.

Yeah unfortunately that's what happens when they are crammed like that. Just a reminder to do your research before digging yourself in a whole. The fish don't deserve it...

Wait it's alive, probably a pecking order establishing... he's swimming a bit, but he just went and slept on top of the plant.

Two Bettas in a tiny tank aren't going to establish a pecking order... They want to kill eachother. And both will probably die because the tank can't support legitimate ecosystems. What are your parameters?

Sorry I meant she... my mom says she's sleeping because they always sleep on top.
By the way, I still need to buy a test kit...

Can we see a pic if the tank? Hopefully they're females.

And I wanna try the walstad method in a one gallon! Lol. Get a little light, some dirt, maybe even a little CO2. And for livestock, A shrimp, for that is all a one gallon can hold!

And test kits are like the most essential part of the hobby...

I know but my mom won't buy one, No pics, it's night and too dark and takes a while to upload, I will give one tomorrow morning!

Can we see a pic if the tank? Hopefully they're females.

And I wanna try the walstad method in a one gallon! Lol. Get a little light, some dirt, maybe even a little CO2. And for livestock, A shrimp, for that is all a one gallon can hold!

And test kits are like the most essential part of the hobby...

You know, a testkit isn't essential :) I've gotten away without one for 4 years and have already bred a number of things.

I'm definitely considering doing a setup like that on my aqueon 8. But I'm not sure if it'll qualify anymore if it has a power head haha.

I'm pretty sure there shouldnt be any electrical device in the tank besides a light outside and maybe co2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom