2015 project: living room focal point

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you Brian. Now let me ask you this:

From the plants I got from you, which can survive under this light + an ecoxotic e-series at 18-20" deep?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I believe most plants will thrive at 30+ PAR, available co2, and ferts. Do you know how much PAR you'll get?

50 to 60 PAR from the ecoxotic e-series + whatever the finnex adds to that. I would say 70s on the deep areas (18-20" deep), low 100s near the surface.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

30+ to sustain and grow.. 60+ for compact growth and coloration.. so those two lights in unison should serve you well.

The 300 would probably suffice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You'd have to swap the stock ribbed hose for smooth vinyl ones. But then the stock output nozzle and intake may not fit without some DIY tinkering. Although I'm not sure. I've used clear vinyl with my 106 but like the YouTube video, I used Lily pipes, which fit well with a rimless and the tubing. Perhaps you can get some stainless steel Lily pipes if you need to make the tubing and inline work. Otherwise, if you're going to place a black background on your tank, I'd just get an Aqueon Pro heater and conceal it well behind tall background plants. A side benefit of this would be less watts needed to heat the tank and no reduction in throughput by adding inline gear.

Luckily he knows someone that can diy a horse into a buffalo:)

The way a foresee the plants in this tank, having a heater stuck to the back will not compromise the overall appearance. Any recommendations?

I'd do 2 -150s on either end.. aqueon pro's. .

Black background applied. Glass detailed (outside) with automotive hydrophobic wax. Original lights used for future comparison.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417577293.758932.jpg

I agree with discuss... You said high maintenence! But in all honesty, in terms of Beauty and elegance, nothing comes close to discuss.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom