2015 project: living room focal point

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am not a "real" fish person. I am thinking about 30+ neon tetras for mid section, shrimps for the bottom and bettas for top. This will be heavily planted, but most of the plants will be small leave ones. Tiny fish will give the impression the tank is 10 Million gallons.

Tiny fish all the way!! Id prob not bother with the neons and go 40-50 ember tetras.

Small fish in large schools really make good aquascapes stand out

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Tiny fish all the way!! Id prob not bother with the neons and go 40-50 ember tetras.

Small fish in large schools really make good aquascapes stand out

That'd be quite the sight! I'd throw an angel in there too!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Lol an expensive buffet for mr angel. I guess you could see a predatory fish in all of it's glory. :popcorn:

Nahh.. start with a small angel and fatten the embers up.. could work??; maybe black neons would be better..

Nahh.. start with a small angel and fatten the embers up.. could work??; maybe black neons would be better..

I would go with black neons. They are larger and have less risk of getting eaten. They would also look nice in a Dutch scape. That's what he is doing right?

I'd go with neons or cardinals. Black neons aren't that attractive IMO. I also like the embers and possibly green neons if you leave out Angelfish.

I need to learn more about them, but so far I am inclined to have Neons or Cardinals, whichever is the easiest to establish themselves. Would be neat if they could breed...

bestoverall.jpg

I will be conducting an experiment, with 3 "islands" of different substrate under the same parameters to see what kind of controlled results we can get.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417838208.208607.jpg

Back
Top Bottom