20Long planted build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like the DW and the tank is slowly taking shape. Until you get a lot more plants in there it's hard to give an opinion on the scape. Just remember not to put plants with similar overall shape side by side or they just get lost and don't stand out on their own.

Yeah I wanna move the java fern or just take em out completely but, if I move them I dont know a good spot.

How would you scape it? Tell me where you would place each plant? The sword has huge roots already

Yeah I wanna move the java fern or just take em out completely but, if I move them I dont know a good spot.

How would you scape it? Tell me where you would place each plant? The sword has huge roots already

You really want to know!?! Well, first I'd take the Giant Hairgrass and put it right were you have the Java Fern at the left end of the DW and arch it so it follows the angle of the DW. Then move the Hornwort from the left to right about where the Sword is but towards the back. Take the Sword and find about the middle between the DW and glass on the left side and place it in the open area so it has room to spread and show it's shape and fullness. It will fill in that entire area. I would also cut the anacharis stems in half and plant the tops in front of the other stems so they fill in the inbetween spaces making the grouping look fuller. Not sure about the Java Ferns because using the Hairgrass to compliment the DW you don't want to put plants on that piece of DW. I'd also try to find a nice Red Tiger Lotus and put it right where that Java Fern to the left of the Sword is for a nice color accent.

You really want to know!?! Well, first I'd take the Giant Hairgrass and put it right were you have the Java Fern at the left end of the DW and arch it so it follows the angle of the DW. Then move the Hornwort from the left to right about where the Sword is but towards the back. Take the Sword and find about the middle between the DW and glass on the left side and place it in the open area so it has room to spread and show it's shape and fullness. It will fill in that entire area. I would also cut the anacharis stems in half and plant the tops in front of the other stems so they fill in the inbetween spaces making the grouping look fuller. Not sure about the Java Ferns because using the Hairgrass to compliment the DW you don't want to put plants on that piece of DW. I'd also try to find a nice Red Tiger Lotus and put it right where that Java Fern to the left of the Sword is for a nice color accent.

And thats why your awesome! Ill try this advice when I do a 80% WC today or tomorrow. Ive been slacking on parameters

I stumbled onto a red tiger lotus bulb when I took down my fathers tank. Here's a pic, its growing super fast.

image-3351016718.jpg

That pic was 2 days ago, the next pic is today

image-980202157.jpg

first I'd take the Giant Hairgrass and put it right were you have the Java Fern at the left end of the DW and arch it so it follows the angle of the DW.

For some reason this isn't clicking rivercats. To me it blocks the dw and seems like it should be more towards the back right of the dw. What do you think? Or whats a different spot you would pick?

For some reason this isn't clicking rivercats. To me it blocks the dw and seems like it should be more towards the back right of the dw. What do you think? Or whats a different spot you would pick?

That's the thing about scaping.... playing around with it! Try putting it slightly behind so it doesn't block the DW. Pic's help too as it's hard to picture things sometimes.

How does it look? Needs to clear up a bit still but, suggestions?

img_2652337_0_de86dcecf470ccf804855cd9a8f99439.jpg

I liked it much better before... :hide:

This way makes it seem really thinned out. Maybe ill give it a month. Im pretty sure the snails, shrimps, betta, and plants feel stressed out. I like it this way because its different then what im used too. Maybe ill figure something else out but this hornwort is a pain with the needles falling off so easily but I like the plant so ima keep it. I think the long stem plant (forgot the name already) kills it.

Before
img_2652352_0_06096cb616e7ee1a493ced7f6f00dbf1.jpg

After
img_2652352_1_de86dcecf470ccf804855cd9a8f99439.jpg

Sorry. I had to compare the differences

Before, I think. Both look good but I like the clump of bushy plants at the back left in the before.

Before, I think. Both look good but I like the clump of bushy plants at the back left in the before.

Yeah thats what I was thinking. Mayne it all just needs to grow out some. I took alot of smaller pieces of hornwort out

Yeah thats what I was thinking. Mayne it all just needs to grow out some. I took alot of smaller pieces of hornwort out

When hornwort is not happy or in transition, it will drop a lot of needles. When it is happy it will grow like a weed.
My eyes keep getting drawn to the anacharis is the middle/right. Maybe it's the height. Idk

image-1941498555.jpg

image-3513018649.jpg

I gave up on scaping and joined the "let it do whatever" club lol

My moss refuses to attach to my dw after numerous attempts but it managed to actually cling to the tank glass SMH

Back
Top Bottom