20Long planted build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
To me it looks much better and the open space behind the DW you be a good place for the Red Tiger Lotus as the Hairgrass will actually frame it and draw the eye in.

To me it looks much better and the open space behind the DW you be a good place for the Red Tiger Lotus as the Hairgrass will actually frame it and draw the eye in.

Yeah im taking a liking to it today. Seems less crowded and more neat with open spaces. I wanna try something that carpets

Edit* whats a better spot for the anacharis? Im gonna clip them in half and move em but where?

I also wanna put a DG in there instead of the betta. I wish they could get along. I have a nice red striped DG thats very pretty and would pop in the greenery

There are two things throwing me off. In my opinion, the giant hair grass should be in the left back corner, so that it's draping and pointing in the same direction as the driftwood for a better "flow" or look. And the anacharis should be moved straight to the back, allowing room for mid and foreground plants. You could add some nice crypts in the mid ground in front of the hornwort and anacharis, and do your DHG up front. I'd also just ditch the java fern for crypts... :lol:

There are two things throwing me off. In my opinion, the giant hair grass should be in the left back corner, so that it's draping and pointing in the same direction as the driftwood for a better "flow" or look. And the anacharis should be moved straight to the back, allowing room for mid and foreground plants. You could add some nice crypts in the mid ground in front of the hornwort and anacharis, and do your DHG up front. I'd also just ditch the java fern for crypts... :lol:

Yeah the java fern is annoying me. I dono if my light can handel DHG. I need something more powerful for that I think but I could be wrong

Whats a plant that can replace hornwort that looks similiar minus its pickyness

Ambulia would be my choice. It's a nice bright green and looks very nice and doesn't shed! I have it in 3 of my tanks right now plus it can handle most any light once it acclimates.

Ambulia would be my choice. It's a nice bright green and looks very nice and doesn't shed! I have it in 3 of my tanks right now plus it can handle most any light once it acclimates.

Good, ill see if I can find some. This hornwort is a pain

Can someone explain to me what these grass things are growing off my anacharis?
img_2658529_0_2d5ef0d3038666781896fed07f464113.jpg

If you don't like them you can clip aerial roots off without doing any harm to the plant.

Im thinking of moving everything into my 36g bowfront. Only major difference is the height and the bow. Oh the possibilities

Im thinking of moving everything into my 36g bowfront. Only major difference is the height and the bow. Oh the possibilities

Don't you just love the "what if's" of this hobby? It's so much fun to think about what you might do if you moved stuff around, what tanks you might set up in the future, and how you might rearrange your stock... I have so many tanks, my mind spins with the possibilities!

Your plants are looking good! sadly I have one light that can grow plants well and I had to move it to get a lid on my spawning tank, which cost me all my plants. Now I have a glass lid for my spawning tank so I can at least plant Ninja's tank again since I gave him his light back. Although now I need a light to shine on the spawning tank. I need to just find some cheap clip on lamps! Despite having a total of 13 tanks *not counting small containers* I have all of 4 working tank lights. Two are on my 56, which is still incapable of plant growing, one is a very dim led setup on a desktop tank, and one is the incandescent/screw in cfl hood on a 10 gallon that can grow plants. The rest of the tanks (set up and not set up) are unlit or just have a clip on lamp shining at them.

Back
Top Bottom