20Long planted build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Regarding the protein buildup, you can also drop the water level a bit to increase agitation. Another thing to try is shutting off the filters and dragging a sheet of paper towel across the surface one pass side to side. The protein will often cling to the paper towel.

Your plant selection looks fine. There will be some trial and error. The crypto parva is a very slow grower; mine produced a new leaf every two weeks and after month it seemed like it stopped growing altogether (however other plants took off like weeds).

Just stopped at my lfs. It sucks. Im never going back. They are waaaay overpriced and their fish are sickly and their plants were all dead

Just stopped at my lfs. It sucks. Im never going back. They are waaaay overpriced and their fish are sickly and their plants were all dead

That's disappointing :/. I'm sorry to hear that. How far away from your house is it? My LFS changes there prices like everyday lol. It's cheaper to go on Wednesday & Thursdays. I guess that's when they are slowest.

That's disappointing :/. I'm sorry to hear that. How far away from your house is it? My LFS changes there prices like everyday lol. It's cheaper to go on Wednesday & Thursdays. I guess that's when they are slowest.

I live 2 miles from it. They sucked. Im highly disappointed in them. Their tanks used to be immaculate and now they are really gross

I live 2 miles from it. They sucked. Im highly disappointed in them. Their tanks used to be immaculate and now they are really gross

Really?

Yeah I remember you mentioning they had nice plant setups. That sucks man :/.

At least it wasn't a far drive. My "local" fish store is 35 minutes away lol. Closest fish retailer (petsmart) is 30 minutes away c

Really?

Yeah I remember you mentioning they had nice plant setups. That sucks man :/.

At least it wasn't a far drive. My "local" fish store is 35 minutes away lol. Closest fish retailer (petsmart) is 30 minutes away c

Yeah it used to be amazing and now.....
Ill stick to online somehow if I can manage to get the shipping cost down

Yeah it used to be amazing and now.....
Ill stick to online somehow if I can manage to get the shipping cost down

Right?! Shipping is crazy! But I mean, it is something live they are shipping.

But even DW is pretty expensive with the shipping.

The thing I noticed about aquariums plants & I guess farm plants lol, is I can't tell how well an aquarium plant is doing by staring at it. I don't have enough experience.

I could look at a tomato plant & know it's deficiencies, but not with an aquarium plant lol.

Right?! Shipping is crazy! But I mean, it is something live they are shipping.

But even DW is pretty expensive with the shipping.

The thing I noticed about aquariums plants & I guess farm plants lol, is I can't tell how well an aquarium plant is doing by staring at it. I don't have enough experience.

I could look at a tomato plant & know it's deficiencies, but not with an aquarium plant lol.

Find people on aquabid that ship priority. Then it's only 15$

Well my tank stocking is on hold now because I decided I wanted this beautiful little girl
img_2625645_0_bace8f3e47cb7ade15bf71d74d628531.jpg

She is soo big too! We got her from the police supervisor!

Well hopefully that means she's already well trained! :lol: my friend had a male German shepherd puppy named Zeus and he got huge fast! Loved to play catch, and would not leave you alone until you threw his toys! They're great dogs if well trained. His was even great with his baby, would leave his room at night an sleep next to the crib. Gotta love dogs like that! ;)

Well hopefully that means she's already well trained! :lol: my friend had a male German shepherd puppy named Zeus and he got huge fast! Loved to play catch, and would not leave you alone until you threw his toys! They're great dogs if well trained. His was even great with his baby, would leave his room at night an sleep next to the crib. Gotta love dogs like that! ;)

You would think? She is fairly well trained. She was an outside dog so she is partially potty trained

Well my tank stocking is on hold now because I decided I wanted this beautiful little girl

She's beautiful. I'm not sure how I'm barely seeing this. Lol. I haven't had a dog in forever. We got 3 on the farm though. They are such loyal creatures.

Here are some morw pics. Sorry bout the filter on the front. Tryna get rid of some surface protein http://i1360.photobucket.com/albums/r649/prjwh081810/20130823_155536_zpsbda2098c.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i1360.photobucket.com/albums/r649/prjwh081810/20130823_155544_zps60bccf33.jpg[/IMG

And here is a plant list I picked out online that I like so far

[IMG]https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attachments/photobucket/img_2626612_0_4ad22fdaacf39c2be2f6e6f89a8719a1.png what do ya think?

The Planted Tank Forum

Back
Top Bottom