210g discus build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WhiteDevil

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok this one will be short and sweet for now, tons more to come

210g discus build - Album - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

just the start, I still need to install 4 more weight supports on each side(front and back) and obviously waterproof the frame and then finish it.

Driftwood stump I am going to trim, steam clean, sun bake,soak then install.

Fish are 20 or so neons/cardinals
6 albino corydoras
6 discus(3 golds,3 blue diamonds so far)

Back will be painted black, twin overflows, 300g capable wet/dry sealife systems sump, two 1200 gph mag drive pumps, 4 500w heaters on a heater controller, auto water change system, 8x54w T5HO's, pressurized Co2.

Stay tuned.

I doubt the fish will see the inside of the tank for atleast another month, sealife is building the sump and it wont be here for two weeks then seeded cycling for 2 weeks maybe less. going to use everything from the old tank and sump to seed this one, 100# of eco complete and 2 pounds of bio balls and a few sponges.

I am thinking I might buy some nice eruptions from a local breeder in the city of chicago. 12 discus is the mark to hit, I am half way there, Oh and I think there will be atleast a breeding pair of each strain of RAM in there as well.

I figure 8 pics inside of a link could justify me not being a lazy knucklehead today.

so far its 180 dollar in the discus. got them on a helluva deal from a breeder going out of business, I am wanting to go back for a pair of 6" one a female thats red and white and the male is a ghost, so brownish red with a black bar vertical on its eyes but meets the black outline all around the perimeter of the fish, its HAWT.

I figure by may 1st this will be up and running, finishing the stand early early saturday morning before I go fishin the fox then after that gotta go to the tropical wholesale place then back home and painting the stand.

this is fun, brain racking but fun.

I had two but my son admitted to throwing the other one away, Its a PITA to move just on one board.

sweet.... cant wait to see how this turns out. i been looking for a 240 to do a large show discus tank.

I got a banjo cat for it today, the 210 tank that is, however its in 45 tallville munching on the pond snails. I am getting 3-5 more next week @ 2"

I also ventured deeper into dwarf SA land and got another pair of GBR's and a pair of L. Curviceps for the 210 if not the 45 tall will be a dwarf SA tank solely.

Nice avatar gamer, but when did you take a pic of my anubias? or atleast it looks identical to what mine is doing right now.
This will be a blast, it will be even better if this banjo eats all the snails and the 3 day alum bath can take care of the eggs. So much for the seller swearing they dont have snails.

Updated and current as of 4-10-2010 at 1130am CDT

stand is near completion....going to finish it once everything is plumbed inside of the stand, no sense sealing it off if I still got work to do in there.

Can support 3300 pounds, yet weighs less then 70 pounds...

It was 36" now its going to be around 32 inches, there are supports in there still just cant see them now that they are boxed in. I am 1/2" off for the O/F holes to the supports so I am relocating the supports to make room for this as well as keep the structural integrity. mathmatically this thing can support 3500 pounds

Nice progress so far. I love the dw stump! I wish I could find one as nice as that around here. Keep us posted!

Check your local rural car dealerships for more then just cars, I found mine in the creek bank behind my buick-gmc-pontiac dealer while I was getting the oil changed and brakes done. It was growing out of a pile of clean broken concrete. I need to get a barrel to soak it in, my pool leaks and 5g buckets just wont do, bathtub has no real depth for pressure soaking....I am looking at some nice stumps on ebay right now.

Im almost done with the tank cleaning as well, wifes grandfather had a H.A. on friday and that put a crimp into productive time this weekend.

This time next week it should be up and running if not up and ready to run, waiting on substrate and about 1200 bucks worth of stuff to show up this week to finish the build.

Ok, tank is razor clean, held water just fine, now being pumped out and vacuumed out when most the water is gone. got rid of all salt creep and algaes that eluded the pressure washer two weeks ago.

Album is updated with water in the tank. This weekend pending the wet/dry arrives it will be set up, going to take me nearly 10 days to fill with RO water but by then I should have my 100 gpd unit shipped and installed(built when you order? spectrapure.)

http://tinypic.com/a/1yvzb/1

Sorry to hear about your wifes grandpa, best of luck to ur family.

Good job on the cleaning!! its gonna look great, I can't wait

Back
Top Bottom