29 + 10 planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I suspect they tried to eat it and still haven't given up on trying to eat it. So they kept it close by.

Algae wafers and pellets with spirulina, crab pellets, broccoli, dandelion greens, zucchini and cucumber. Pea snailo. It's a smorgasbord.

There is a point in the day when the snails climb up on the glass and partake in a synchronised poop. Does anyone else get this? I'm worried it might be related to the CO2.

Want fish in focus? Bribe them.

Even with my DSLR on sports mode, I had a hard time catching these guys. Lights all the way up. They're just too fast!

Attachments

• FISHIES_2017 04 01_0118_edited-1.jpg
    FISHIES_2017 04 01_0118_edited-1.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 40
Thanks, will have to research those, just got 5 endler guppy this week.

Just when I think I don't need more tanks or fish.[emoji7]

The male guppy found the entrance to the kuhli cove, but not the exit. Ugh. Now I have three gravid females who will probably hold until they get a male. Blarghety.

My daughter picked a handful of daffodils. I'm considering feeding them to the snails but want to make sure there's nothing that might be toxic. Thoughts?

There is a toxin. Cant remember name. Mostly toxic to animals. I dont know id be overly concerned with fish as I would wq.

Google lead me to either terrestrial snails or the daffodil cichlid in all but one instance - a list of plants that don't attract gastropods. I had never heard that bulb plants were especially toxic. Fascinating. The stuff you learn. Thank you very much.

Snails don't touch them and squirrels may dig up the bulbs but don't eat them either. I keep thinking arsenic but am not positive.

Back
Top Bottom