29 Gallon Planted Build...Advice Appreciated!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Weekly FTS

The Enemy

Still have to ID another type of algae I have on some of the ludwigia pedals. Its a slimy green that comes off very easily, picture a green slimy sock on pedals.
Edit-did some quick research and it sounds like its cyanobacteria. Going to post some pictures tomorrow to confirm if this is true or not.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hi fish wrangler,

The FTS looks great, I love the Tetras too. I will be setting up a 75 gallon freshwater tank soon, and hope to purchase some Neons for the setup.

Oh, and I think I have the same stone (with the cross on it) that you have in the center of your tank!

(y)

Ok. You mentioned in TPT that you have 3 of the aquatek bubble counters running without any problems, do you think getting one of those as opposed to the GLA would be better?
Have to figure out $$ right now. Between finishing the stand and buying pps-pro ferts half my tax return is gone :mad:

Hi fish wrangler,

The FTS looks great, I love the Tetras too. I will be setting up a 75 gallon freshwater tank soon, and hope to purchase some Neons for the setup.

Oh, and I think I have the same stone (with the cross on it) that you have in the center of your tank!

(y)

Thanks! Wait what tetras?! You mean they where actually out in the open and not hiding!? Lol. Would you believe that I have almost 20 in there?
A 75 with a large school of tetras would look nice imo.

LOL! Yep, I was able to spot a few, but didn't know you had 20, wow! Hey, as I always say "it can be exciting when you have shy fish because it is a treat when they decide to appear!" :lol:

I have no complaints with the aquatek bcs, they all do exactly what they're supposed to.. with any cheap Aquarium product, delicate care goes a long way when setting up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Lol I never thought of it like that redsea
Might just buy another one of the aquateks then. It worked great until I tried taking it apart...

Lol I never thought of it like that redsea
Might just buy another one of the aquateks then. It worked great until I tried taking it apart...

When taking tubing off of plastic ends I always use a pair of side cutters and cut a "V" in the tubing from the side. Sometimes you can just pull it off but if you do so in any kind of an angle the plastic will most likely snap.
Another option is use a razor blade and carefully cut the tubing down to the barb from the end of the tubing to the end of the barb with out cutting the barb.

I heat a coffee cup of.hot water up.in the micro.. dip.the tubing in there for a bit before fitting the bc, than rub it with an ice cube..it shrinks it tight..

Yea I'm just going to order 2. That way I will have a backup.

Didn't recognize mike because of the picture change lol

Looks like I'm stuck with the "high quality" fluval light :( Dad shot me down on getting the new light says I have been spending to much $$ on the tank. Sometimes I think he listens to the lfs to much since they where the ones who say the fluval is top of the line. Guess I won't know what reds are supposed to look like in person...

You could always sneak a desk lamp in there and focus a 23 watt cfl on certain plants!

Won't be any room for a desk lamp on the stand I have framed out :( and im not sure I want to look at a clamp on light in my room.

My new bubble counter should arrive today, and I will start using the pressurized today. I don't have a separate timer so I will either set up a second analog timer for the light and use the lightd one for co2 or use the one timer for both. The two timers would allow the co2 to come on and off at different times, but the one timer would me I know how it's set.

Is this enough co2 brookster?

Took the plunge and set up my pressurized system. Running 30psi and 2-2.5 BPS.

Once my tax return clears I will order pps-pro and an extra 500ml bottle. Have a digital scale for weighing ferts. Besides distilled water anything else I should get?

Where's the tank pressure gauge? Working pressure is good.

Tank pressure gauge?? The regulator is from the early 90's

Forgot I also want to look into a digital timer that can run 2-3 time patterns in addition to the water.

Digital timers are silent. I have both digital and analog and the latter emits a ticking noise.
You should get something to measure out the daily dosing of the PPS-pro solutions. Syringes are okay but something you can operate with one hand is easier. I use the one piece plastic dispensers that look like miniature turkey basters. They have graduated markings at 0.5, 1, 2, and 3 mL.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Digital timers are silent. I have both digital and analog and the latter emits a ticking noise.
You should get something to measure out the daily dosing of the PPS-pro solutions. Syringes are okay but something you can operate with one hand is easier. I use the one piece plastic dispensers that look like miniature turkey basters. They have graduated markings at 0.5, 1, 2, and 3 mL.

Dollar store for the dispensers?

Possibly there, I've seen them sold at hobby stores though. I use them frequently in one of my other hobbies so I've bought them in bulk on eBay.

Back
Top Bottom