29 Gallon Planted Build...Advice Appreciated!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I was supposed to be getting a plant package from a fellow member today bht something went wrong, and it ended up in Cleveland, Ohio :(

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Seems like a simple fix on the package...I was following another member's delivery. Mine is enroute from Atlanta...why it didn't just travel due West I don't understand.
I will be moving plants around tomorrow when the package arrives, and will have pictures afterwards :)

Counted 6 or so fry/wigglers in my 10 gallon. Made a sponge filter for it, and gave the fish the full 10 gallons to swim in. They are still really small and clearish so pictures are difficult to say the least!

Just had to say great thread. I just started my 29g build a couple weeks ago and have been thinking about going planted. Its been cool to see your tank progress also very informative with the broad number of things discussed. Keep up the good work!

Just had to say great thread. I just started my 29g build a couple weeks ago and have been thinking about going planted. Its been cool to see your tank progress also very informative with the broad number of things discussed. Keep up the good work!

Thanks! Part of the reason I made this thread is to help others, if I had a question chances are others will too. Good luck with your build, and if you do go planted please make a build thread and I will follow it!

Well I was supposed to be getting a plant package from a fellow member today bht something went wrong, and it ended up in Cleveland, Ohio :(

Haha so you're the one who got my tracking number. That is pretty odd that it would take a detour to Atlanta. Maybe the plants wanted to see the south!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yup. Why mine didn't follow the same path is beyond me. It has been in transit from Atlanta since 5:56pm yesterday. It's a 12ish hour drive from my house to Atlanta. I think the USPS is teasing me!!!

At least your package didn't sit in a truck for 24 hours in the freezing cold. Lost a shipment of shrimp that way ?

Definitely not wasting time. Nope.

That stinks!
I want to know what is holding this package up. Going on 27 hours since it left Atlanta, can drive to Arizona from my house in that time frame!

I got some kuhlies!!! :):):):) 2 of 5 are acclimating now, I will be getting the other 3 when the lfs has them in stock.
Also trimmed my jungle err I mean tank, and the trimmings fill my 10 gallon, it is 10wide×20long×4deep of trimmings :whistle:

I will post pictures later today.

I got some kuhlies!!! :):):):) 2 of 5 are acclimating now, I will be getting the other 3 when the lfs has them in stock.
Also trimmed my jungle err I mean tank, and the trimmings fill my 10 gallon, it is 10wide×20long×4deep of trimmings :whistle:

I will post pictures later today.

Sounds exciting!!!

So maybe I trimmed and moved alot...

Almost 2 days to the minute the package pops up again :D

The trim looks great! Nice work. Glad to hear you got the kuhlis in! How exciting!

The trim looks great! Nice work. Glad to hear you got the kuhlis in! How exciting!

Thanks! By the time the kuhlies move into the tank(3 weeks if all is good) most of the plants should be full again :)

Just thought of something that could be a problem with the kuhlies. I'm afraid they will fit through the filter intake, it has bars on it but the loaches are really thin. Is this a real concern? Should I put a prefilter on? Does anyone think the intake is to small?

I am also seeing a white algae like stuff on my co2 diffuser. Is this a common thing?

Just thought of something that could be a problem with the kuhlies. I'm afraid they will fit through the filter intake, it has bars on it but the loaches are really thin. Is this a real concern? Should I put a prefilter on? Does anyone think the intake is to small?

I am also seeing a white algae like stuff on my co2 diffuser. Is this a common thing?

What filter do you have? And the white stuff I get too. I think its from the DIY mixture but not 100% on that.

Fluval 306.

The newest additions :D

Ok, I will have to reattach my bubble counter bottle. I took it off because it was leaking :mad:

I don't know how big the strainer is on the 306 but I use to have them in a 55 with 2 ac110's . never had a problem. I have the bubble counter jar and still see the white stuff. From the sugar maybe? Not sure.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Post #777 has a close up of the strainer. For a size comparison the black tubing is 1/4" OD

Back
Top Bottom