30 Gal community tank stocking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Secios

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi since i figured out which filter to get for the 30 gallon aquarium(thnx members of this wonderfull forum:D(Eheim classic canister filter)), i'm thinking about a community fish tank.

Does anyone have some ideas for stocking?
Maybe not rare species because the fish bussines is not good here.

Thnx in advance ! :)

I love community tanks!

I would do:

8 rummynose tetras
8 ember tetras
1 powder blue dwarf gourami
6 emerald corys

Nice selection LyndaB, I love community tanks too !! Are these common fish?

Any other suggestions are well appreciated !

I think they're very common. I think most, in fact, can be purchased both at the lfs and here from members.

I live in Belgium(Europe :p) so i don't know about that :'(

Aha, I don't know then. I wouldn't be aware of what commonly be available in your area.

Perhaps you can go "window shopping" at your lfs and write a list of the species that you liked, and we can help you stock your tank that way.

That's a nice list! Have fun at the lfs!

Don't forget to do your fishless cycle before you get the fish!

Yea it is ! :D Thnx !!
No i won't do harm to my fishies :D
Do you(LyndaB :p)or someone else can tell me what common community tank species look like? Not in numbers but just names :D
Like tetras / corys and such. So i can look for some specific fish when i'm there :D
I think angelfish or gouramis would be nice with some schooling fish :D
Thnx in advance

There are a lot of fish on that list. :)
It can be a little hard to look everything up by its latin name when I am used to common names for some of them. Any of those corydoras species would work IMO.
Rummy nose, neon, cardinal, black neon, lemon, and glowlight tetras are all common ones that are nice and peaceful in a community. :)
Dwarf gourami are pretty too. I suggest googling them and the other fish we listed to see if you like any of those. You can google names on that liost too if you want, but I know theres a lot there. :)

Oke thank you ! I'll post later today which i like ;) yes the list is very long :p
Just a question which of the tetras are the strongest? I heard the neon aren't that strong anymore, is this true?

Thnx in advance !!

IME, neons often to be rather weak. But, any fish can be weak if it is treated poorly. So, as long as you are getting the fish from a reliable source, it should be ok.
You can ask the store if its stock is tank-bred or wild caught. A lot of species do better if they are tank bred. :)

Oke but the place is called neon fish shop so i hope that the neons have some quality :p

After another look on the species that lyndaB listed i feel like it is a nice community !! I will try and get those(later) ! Thank you so much !!

Back
Top Bottom