55 gal Cichlid tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wouldn't do plants. Some have and have had success and some, including myself have not. I have a TON of Anubias and java fern. Once they matures all my plants became toys and they tore them all up. Driftwood would work.

It all depends on the kind of look your going for, natural look like from where they come from would be a lot of rocks and caves etc. or do what's appealing to you.

Here's my 75g African cichlid tank. I went with a natural look but something I liked. Not really what you would see them in, in the wild but hey... You have to look at it so it has to both functional for them and easy on your eye.

How many Africans are in your 75gal

Bamboo plants work great I have one to try out but I,m going to buy some more. My cichlids love the bamboo for some reason.

That yellow guy is a yellow electric

Nice fish if u get him a.female they breed a lot

well got up this Easter morning my jewel cichlid's where bright red. and they have taken over one half of the 55 gal tank. not sure what is going on. something in the far back corner. if anothe fish goes over in the area they chase it off. not sure whats up any info will help thanks

well got up this Easter morning my jewel cichlid's where bright red. and they have taken over one half of the 55 gal tank. not sure what is going on. something in the far back corner. if anothe fish goes over in the area they chase it off. not sure whats up any info will help thanks

Sounds like they've spawned and are now guarding the eggs.

Well they have made a cave under a rock.. Not sure but think they have eggs in there they take turns guarding the cave now

Most likely have mated and protecting their eggs they will fiercely protect that area

Back
Top Bottom