55 Gallon cichlid breeding setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok thanks a ton :) next off is there an easier way to pair them? If not, is there an easy way to sex them?

Acara's are hard to sex. Venting may be the only option. Rams on the other hand are pretty easy. The males will be bigger, the first 3 spikes on the dorsal will be much longer than the rest if the fin and the spot on the side should have no spangles in it.

You may have some problems with the aequidens pulcher (blue acara). They can be pretty bossy, not aggressive per say, but pushy. I'd keep an eye on them ;) they can vary pretty greatly in personality

So for the acaras, there's a potential for aggression? Will the angels be able to withstand it? And as for the rams I meant the Bolivians. I've bred Germans before on multiple occasions.

I have a blue Acara female in my 75 and she will chase, but never any nipping or extreme damage, she's just the boss of the tank, next to my Uaru that is. But I do have three angels in there, as well as a baby ramirezi (blue ram)

Alright. Have you ever been able to breed angels? I got mine to spawn months ago, but their fry all died and they haven't spawned since

Okay so I opened up a few more forums, and the end result is that another fish was brought to my attention that I had never even considered. So NOW, would this work?
55 Gallon (growing up):
5 young angelfish
5 young laetacaras
8 serpae tetras
8 zebra danios

As for the laetacaras, my research says that any of the three main species would work in this setup. Whichever one I can get my hands on in this city will be the ones.

55 Gallon (end result):
1 pair of angelfish
1 pair of laetacaras
8 rummynose tetras
8 zebra danios

Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom