55Gal predator tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's Mr. Grumpy Gills!!! :)

Attachments

• image-3098373447.jpg
    image-3098373447.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 82
  • image-383525053.jpg
    image-383525053.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 88
Looks good. Unfortunately thats a painted angler that can get 10 inches. Hopefully your other fish don't become lunch.

Yeah. I know. I knew that when I bought him but I decided I'd find a way to keep everyone safe. I'm not 100% sure but ill either keep live food in the tank so they can snack and or move him out when he starts gettin to big to a tank for just him.

Thanks. Right now he's just big enough to not fit in my eels mouth so I have some time.

Try not to keep too much food in the tank . They do best with weekly feedings. Too much food might make them go on a hunger strike.

I read about that but doesn't that mostly happen when being fed frozen food? It should be different if they have to hunt down and compete for their live food. I'd still only keep so much in there, just some thoughts of mine.

Not really. Too much live or frozen could cause a food strike. I was told to feed once a week no matter live or frozen by someone who has kept anglers for years so I tend to just do what he says lol. he has never steered me wrong before.

Okay. Interesting. Then ill feed my angler once a week. Any idea what I could feed an angler so small? Idk if he'll take frozen r live. I haven't tried feeding him anything yet.

Take a straw and cut a v in the end . Stick some krill, scallop, table shrimp, silverslide and stick it in the end of the cut straw. ( not all at once of course )I would just try one of those one time a day for 3-4 days. If that doesn't work get him a small feeder shrimp or small chromis or damsel. Mine has only eaten twice zonce krill and the second time a damsel. It's very tricky feeding these guys.

Okay. Instead of a straw can I use feeder tongs? I would get him a chromi in a heartbeat and just start him on live food but Idk if I can get a chromi small enough for him. He's just a hair bigger than the baby chromis in my 90 gallon haha.

Awesome. I do. However I only have silversides and brine and mysis and cyclipeeze. I think I got a couple cubes of squid...

Okay. Sounds good. Ill try when I get home tonight. Ill probably pick up the smallest chromi/damsel this weekend that my lfs has.

So only feed the angler once a week? Then all the others I can feed whenever they're hungry?

Yep.they can go longer but it's better to give them just enough to make sure they are still hungry next week.(almost like feeding a snake) Im working on getting my guy on a routine . Got lucky the first try but he has been quite difficult last try lol. Not sure about your eel never had or read about their proper feeding.

Back
Top Bottom