5g Betta Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is a sort of fin rot. They call that curling on bettas, and it's from not clean enough water. :(
Their fins should be straight LM, in a fan shape, without the curls.

:( I don't know how. I do weekly 40-50% pwcs along with my other tanks. And to think 24 hours ago I thought this was normal.

Oh I thought it was anything less than 5g. Btw the title definitely says 5g lol. Once I get this treated I'll definitely do 2 pwcs per week.

It is a sort of fin rot. They call that curling on bettas, and it's from not clean enough water. :(
Their fins should be straight LM, in a fan shape, without the curls.

Mine has a little bit of curlage on his bottom fins. He wouldn't open up for me in the mirror yet, but he seems a lot better in the tank.,

Clean water and he will come around!
I was just reading last night that some bettas have some genetic thing that makes their tails curly.
I actually think that A1's bettas fins look cool, but it's not normal.

yeah I know, I'll do another pwc tomorrow and add a tblspoon to make up and boost it up to that 1 tsp per gallon (thanks to taylorodw for doin the math haha). So I should only do salt for 10 days?

A tablespoon???? Thats wayyy too much, and I hope that was just a typo. :(
No more than 10 days, or their kidneys start to get messed up.

did a pwc and I'm dissolving the salt. I'm guessing on the eighth day I should remove like 80% and maybe a 50% on the 9th and then another 80% on the 10th day so I can get rid of all the salt?

Back
Top Bottom