5g Betta Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have some somewhat good news. The fins and area of the body around the fins are looking amazing today. They're a much brighter blue, although, he still has brown in the same areas that he did, hopefully he'll get better soon.

Cool betta. Good job with the water changes. Funny, my betta isn't one of the prettiest ones out there either. I actually wanted to buy a white "retired show fish" from a breeder and while I was waiting for her to contact me, I went to Petco for ferret food of all things. And I swear I heard a little fish calling my name. Somehow I ended up in front of the bettas, which I NEVER do and one of them kept calling my name, looking straight at me and wiggling in that little cup! Oh he was ugly. The color of mud but beautiful crowntail fins. He had so much personality and I couldn't resist. Brought him home and with some good care he developed a little bit of blue to his fins, but still basically mud colored! LOL.

Aren't they the most awesome fish though! Good luck with your baby.

IMG_2855.JPG

IMG_2856.JPG

IMG_2853.JPG

The pics don't really do him much justice, but I think there's a difference. I still hope I'll still be able to fix his bottom fins. I'm starting to get brown algae crawling up the glass :mad:

Well he is still looking better. He doesn't look so dull and sad, and he is turning more reddish than gray or w/e he was. Glad to see the treatment is helping! :)

hes looking a lot better Mr.A congrats! keep up ur amazing work. btw, if this happens when i get my betta, im Sooo asking you for help =P

if my betta is acting or looks sick i will imediatley do a water change and keep on with the cycling of my other tank. As soon as he cycle in my other tank finishes i would put the fish in. and go from there as needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
As you can see in the other thread, I just feel strongly about animals and yeah I am starting to border on PETA territory lol. I just don't like to see fishies mistreated :(

I am glad you are deciding to cycle your tank, but in the end it is up to you. Just like I am telling everyone else, I am not trying to make you do anything. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
ummmm get a lil vinegar/water solution and clean the outside of his tank! lol waterspot city...

are you noticing improvements?? i love that orange/blue combo... (my hubs fav colors just like you haha) hope he gets back to 100%

Lol I'll get right on that, in a few minutes lol. I think he's improving. The color seems to somewhat be coming back from the back of his fins slowing inching towards the front, or centimetering lol

Back
Top Bottom