5g Betta Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
he looks better! i thought his name was Neptune, did you change it to Viola? kinda feminine, huh? ;)

I just love little Neptune! I love all bettas actually, and am waiting on pins and needles for RT to get hers so I can see it. :D I can't even go on Aquabid anymore because I will spend all day!

Today I noticed that my betta's scales are sticking out slightly. I've already begun preparing some saltwater to add. I'm preparing for the worst, hoping for the best :(.

I'm not totally sure, but if I remember correctly I got him the summer before last. Then again, I didn't buy him as a baby. He could just be aging.

that would kinda be my guess. like he was too tired to eat and float at the same time...just needed a little rest ;)

Today I saw him leaning against his little cave. When I opened the lid to give him his food, he hid. Since his establishment to the tank this is the first time he's ever done this :(.

He's bloated, color faded and lying on his side. I don't know what to do to cure him and I don't have any vodka to be able to euthanize. :(

R.I.P. Neptune :cry:
He shall be missed.

IMG_2855.JPG

(edited color a bit)

Aw A1, sorry to hear about Neptune! He was a very cute fish. I noticed this thread is really old, but just wanted to reply because I only found it now. My 5g is almost done cycling and I am looking at a few Bettas with that pretty yellow/blue combo.

Back
Top Bottom