60 gallon mbuna setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd like to add 8-11 more and 3-4 more varieties of cichlids to my tank. If you guys could post some of your favorites that would be awesome! I'm going to finish my rock pile tomorrow and will be posting pictures once it's done!

Eesh... I may have ended up with kenyi, and only 3 of them let me know what you guys think whenever you see this and possible options... I will try to get some better pics for identification if I need to get rid of them I'll have to do it asap due to return policies. Also if I were to decide to keep them what precautions could I take to help keep their aggression in check.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403765642.835876.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403765767.196555.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403765827.054776.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403765916.708437.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403766024.829095.jpg
Sorry kinda hard to get a photo of the (male)? I believe if they are kenyi and I have sexed the correctly I have a 1:2 male:female ratio. 3 fish total hopefully With some help I can keep them let me know!

Those definitely are kenyi. My suggestion to keep their aggression to a minimum would be to keep that group and stay away from fish that look like the kenyi (no heavy black stripes.)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The recommended ratio is 1M:3F nut I don't see why you wouldn't be okay with what you've got now.

I think I will pick up some more females to be on the safe side after reading about them I don't want to take any chances plus the females don't look bad by any stretch of the mind!

You are very right, they all look good!

At the end of the day too, it's your tank and it should be what you want!

Just thought I'd let you know, I'm loving the finished rock work!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks! What's better is it was all free! I hauled it down off the mountain near
my house. Well worth the effort!

Jealous. I don't live near any mountains haha. Ever think about a background? You could even possibly just stick something on your wall.

Sup Cole? I live in Phoenix as well & I'm inspired by the rockwork, looks like I'll chk out S.Mountain to see what they have to offer. I already have a few mountain rocks in one of my tanks. Not really a big fan of the Kenyi cichlid, they are real terrors. I'd go for something like the cynotilapia Jalo Reef

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403997063.145184.jpg

Or the Metriaclima Glaucos

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403997105.831308.jpg

Both are mildly aggressive and is available on www.davesfish.com, or you could chk out the stock, research and go from there...his selection is dope!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry my app stopped sending me notifications, I redid my rock work as per instruction of adding new cichlids.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404023292.880607.jpg I added 2 Jewel Cichlids, 2 Albino Soccofoli and 2 Johanni. I already had 3 kenyis and the people at phoenix tropical fish said that adding more fish would help suppress their aggression.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404023717.089031.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404023761.307276.jpg I can't wait for my jewels to start coloring up!!

I can't wait to see how Zeus colors up. He is a beauty!

I finally got around to buying a powerhead, ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404399835.544070.jpg
Kinda old school but I've heard they'll run forever. How do you guys feel about red zebras or rusty cichlids (maybe something orange)? Stay at 13 cichlids or go for more?

Back
Top Bottom