7 gallon nano reef... light ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melissa1977

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am looking for suggestion for a light fixture on a 7 gallons nano reef tank.

I don't want to have to build it myself. I would like something that you just put on top of the tank.

The spec of the tank are 18L X 11W X 3.5 H

I was thinking about getting 2 aqualight mini 9 "on mounting legs and a glass lid.

What do you guys think ?

Would a 20" work. Coralife has an Aqualight in 20 that is pc. But I do have the mini on my fuge and I really like it.

I just saw a 12" coralife mini aqualight with 36 watts 50/50 blue/white on ebay. That would be a little over 5wpg for a 7g tank. That's pretty good.

keep us posted on your 7 gal nano. i would love to put one on my kitcken table. i am intersted to see the progress and solutions you have dealing with a 7 gal

steve r

I ll keep you posted for sure !!

Just wanted to know, would it matter if the fixture dosen't cover the whole tank ??

For exemple if the tank is 18 " and the fixture 12 " ??? :?:

I guess that I have to make sure that I put the organisms that need light (corals etc...) just under the light... Right ??

just as a reference, my tank is 30" and i think the bulbs are only 24". the fixture and refelctor is the full 30" though

steve r

melissa1977 said:
I guess that I have to make sure that I put the organisms that need light (corals etc...) just under the light... Right ??

Right. put the corals that need more light in the middle.

Back
Top Bottom