75 Gallon cichlid Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SirCastic

Aquarium Advice Regular
So i'm getting a 75 gallon tank on monday, already cycled been running empty before i bought it. I want to put some african cichlids in, any suggestions. I've got some very nice rocks/driftwood combo. Any help is appreciated

Be prepared to make many trips to the fish store to buy/exchange Cichlids until you discover a combination of particular fish that work in relative harmony.

i know how different africans can be, ive had them before. They aren't like tropicals communities where they all get along. I had a peacock cichlid housed with other peacock cichlids in a 55 gallon tank, needless to say one peacock to rule them all. So i converted the 55 to tropical community and now im getting a 75 and making it african cichlid

I currently have a 75 gallon African Cichlid tank, I only have electric yellow labs and blue Aceis (sometimes called yellow tailed Acei). They get along well. Both of these pick up their eggs and carry them in their mouth to hatch then they eventually spit them out. I have seen the yellow ones spit them out but I haven't seen the blue ones do it (I haven't had them as long. I always have babies to give away.
Currently I just got another 75 gallon tank and I am goint to make it an angelfish tank.

I am going to move the other fish from the cichlid tank so I can add some other type of African cichlids possibablt Jewel or Kenyi. There is also an albino one I might get too but it is harder to come by.

Back
Top Bottom