9g Biube Money Pit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He makes me crazy though! He will be hovering in the tank staring a hole in me and when I get my camera out he's all over the place. IMG_1478748097.736765.jpg
IMG_1478748114.863974.jpg
IMG_1478748126.083399.jpg

If she happens to see one, just show her some of the YouTube videos of them eating and hunting. My coworkers are trying to make me feel bad putting all the beautiful pink snails in there for him to destroy and devour. He's a vicious little cutie pie.

Mr. Puffs new light is working great. No more dark weekends.

I have been giving him ramshorns and MTS. He definitely prefers the ramshorns.

https://youtu.be/bRDn6zMjHTU

And he really wants me to move the glass ornament...

I have not updated in a while. November was not a good month for me. Mr Puff passed 11/22. I had tested the water 11/21 and it was perfect. I did a 50% PWC (with Prime) and removed that big coral chunk. I suspect it may have been much at one time? I tested the water again after finding him and it was still perfect. No ammonia or nitrites. I have been doing more research and I keep finding conflicting info on these guys. Are the brackish? I was told he was fresh when I bought him, but I keep seeing info he could have needed brackish water. At the moment the snails own the tank. IMG_1481053600.558334.jpg

No the tank he came out of said Dwarf spotted puffer. And there were Figure 8 Puffers in there too.

I've read that they are brackish but can live in freshwater while young.

That's the fish my daughter fell in love with in the first place. After researching their needs, I felt like, as a beginner, I wouldn't be able to take care of a puffer well.

I had one a couple years ago never got them to last more than 6 months or so.

Back
Top Bottom