9g Biube Money Pit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Only one. I don't think the tank is big enough for 2 and peaceful coexistence.

I noticed he was hovering around the bottom all of the time. I removed the large glass piece and added some mystery moss. This will catch food he can pick at. He really likes the grindal worms.
https://youtu.be/RfKHk2WSfbk

YXApZ3h_d.jpg

You could do 2 in there I bet. I kept 3 in a 10 for a long time, never had any issues.
Also, it's great that he/she is eating! A lot of the time, they come with parasites do to the fact that they are wild caught. Still might be a good idea to maybe area with some Prazi just to be sure to kill off anything inside him/her.
Congratulations though, I love pea puffers! I need to get some again....

Water tests today! 10 days since adding I'gor and he's been killing and eating snails 24/7. Need to make sure the BB can handle it.
0 ammonia and nitrite, 40 nitrates.

Did a 60% PWC and decided to go a more natural route on the decor. Removed all the plastic to a bucket to harvest the snails as they hatch. Move some crypts and dwarf sag and other misc pieces from other tanks to make it all cozy for my little I'gor. IMG_9918.jpg

I just need some tall wood to obscure the cords. I have an unnatural hatred of cords.

True, true.

(I like how the cord is broken up by the wood, didn't really notice the cord tbh.)

How big will I'gor get?

I have read they will get up to an inch. I have never had one before so I'm just watching and waiting.

I picked up some Prazipro today. So far this little guy is eating great. His belly is less pronounced before feeding and he tubbs up after dinner. I hate to treat without having an indication he needs it. What symptoms should I look for?IMG_9951.jpgIMG_9963.jpgIMG_9964.jpg

On mine, the fish just looked kind of pinched in, slower movement and didn't look in as good condition to rest even after time in QT, haven't used it a lot though.

I got the new wood and placed it. IMG_0030.jpg

I removed the other vine pieces. They are wisteria vine aged about 5 years but I can't confirm they are fish safe. So out they went.

I'm going to hold off treatment with prazipro until I see any sign it is needed. He's pretty busy this morning.

IMG_0034.jpgIMG_0036.jpgIMG_0038.jpg

I got the new wood and placed it. View attachment 300390

I removed the other vine pieces. They are wisteria vine aged about 5 years but I can't confirm they are fish safe. So out they went.

I'm going to hold off treatment with prazipro until I see any sign it is needed. He's pretty busy this morning.

View attachment 300391View attachment 300392View attachment 300393

Looking good! Low maintenance all the way! You can't go wrong with natural decor either. After having driftwood in my tank for many years, I can't go back to the fake stuff.

Looking good! Low maintenance all the way! You can't go wrong with natural decor either. After having driftwood in my tank for many years, I can't go back to the fake stuff.

Thanks. One thing is bugging me though....honestly if it isn't a cord it's something else. Lol

The moss. That is the mystery moss from my yard. It grows up like barb wire. I want it a little more tidy. Thinking about cladophora aegagropila as a carpet.

I love feeding I'gor. When you walk up to the tank its like...IMG_0050.JPG
And then you drop the food in and then this happens...IMG_0052.jpg

Back
Top Bottom