9g Biube Money Pit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks like he was a green spotted puffer not a dwarf. If so they start out in fresh and as they grow they swim out towards the ocean. I've had one for about 4 years. He started out as a small little freshwater fish and now he lives in my reef tank

Looks like he was a green spotted puffer not a dwarf

+1
I spent about a month looking at things to do with my 29g before I stocked it and puffers were top of mind. I'm no biologist but that looks more like a green spotted puffer than a dwarf/pea puffer to me. My LFS said they get mis-labeled a lot... sorry for your loss!

He's adorable. Yep I think Mr. P was mislabeled. Thanks for confirming. I am going to let the snail colony in the tank get going strong over the next 3-6 months and then look for an actual freshwater puff. I will check in with everyone here on REAL options and not be so trusting of the LFS.

Ramshorns are doing good. If Mr. Puff we're alive today none of these guys would be. Keeping this as a snail only tank at work is proving to be much easier. IMG_1484772970.356513.jpg

They don't get fed on the weekend and are very happy on Monday to get a big algae tablet. IMG_7379.jpg
I broke it into 3 pieces, but all of them want this piece.

Biube and resident snails are doing well. Reproducing but not so fast it is overwhelming. IMG_7580.jpg
IMG_7582.jpg
Love the leopard spots.
IMG_7583.jpg

Snails keep it spotless. And I am running the lights for 12 hours to encourage the growth.

Last edited:
I brought this tank home from work last week. Tore it apart and rinsed everything with tank water to preserve the BB. Put it all back together. Preparing for a Puff. Have a few snails in there that are being fed lightly. IMG_9076.jpg

So I'm surprised to see Hydra in here. Just a few but still surprised. IMG_9075.jpg

I have pond snails in here that I have read will eat them.

Watch and wait.

Look what I got yesterday!IMG_9473.jpgIMG_9476.jpgIMG_9480.jpgIMG_9481.jpg

We decided that with the Marty Feldman eyes, we would name him I'gor.
I think it's a him?

He's been eating the smaller snails in the tank and had a few grindal worms tonight. Watching him stealthily move through the tank makes me think of velociraptors.

Hoping for a long healthy life. Haven't seen any signs of a massacre. He seems to eat what he picks at.

Back
Top Bottom