9g Biube Money Pit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks very distracting. [emoji75] Is that carpet alive?

Yes and I hope it stays alive. This is the moss like the little moss balls. I've flatten it and put stones underneath. There are spaces between each stone to help keep circulation.

If you haven't already seen these it is Baby Leaf Bolbitis heteroclita Difformis also a small variety called Cuspidata

This is a Tissue Culture in a cup Difformis, it has a great texture and wonderful for small spaces. They are said to do well in immersed setups and also in submerged.

I had one for around a year but something happened and it wasn't happy and died off.
60074-albums13946-picture71223.jpg

Today was maintenance day. Tank is looking pretty good. Excel and reduced hours of lights are getting the algae under control. IMG_0576.jpg

I'gor is very much a food begging puff. And he prefers the grindal worms to snails.

Very hard to get a pic. IMG_0563.jpg

If you haven't already seen these it is Baby Leaf Bolbitis heteroclita Difformis also a small variety called Cuspidata

This is a Tissue Culture in a cup Difformis, it has a great texture and wonderful for small spaces. They are said to do well in immersed setups and also in submerged.

I had one for around a year but something happened and it wasn't happy and died off.
60074-albums13946-picture71223.jpg

Just saw this. Sorry for the late reply. That does look cute! I am always up to keep an eye out for something new. I just 2 new Buce. But they won't be going in here.

This carpet really keeps the food from disappearing into the substrate/biomedia. It has been working out well.

I'gor is doing well. Eating worms and snails. Pretty sure he is a male with that lined belly and yellow fins.

Is there anything I can add to this tank to control algae he won't kill?

Amanos?

IMG_1385.jpgIMG_1386.jpg

Our puffers never touched our amano or the sakura shrimp that was sold as an amano.

Really! I'm gonna have to try them. I am constantly vacuuming up I'gors mess and the algae has made it untidy. I dosed with excel and cut the light but now it's just sitting on leaves.

Ok I picked up 2 shrimp this evening and acclimated them in the bag. I fed I'gor. Then fed him again... and then added the shrimp. Let's see if they are still there tomorrow.

I'gor got a good cleaning last weekend. Amano's are keeping the plants clean. I don't see them often but can sure tell they are there. I put some algae flakes in but no takers. Gonna have to vacuum if they still there tomorrow. IMG_1617.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom