A little advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oc Robbie

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've a 55ltr cube tank . I had 5 lampeyes & 3 clown killifish with 1 albino pleco . The killifish keep jumping out which I'm now aware off . I've lost 5 in the last week . Small glass hood with the tank looks great but has a 5mm gap around the whole thing to make it look like a floating hood. Anyway I done a 30% water change last night nitrites got a little too high . Everything else is perfect. But the 3 remaining lampeyes are very quite . Sticking to one corner of the tank & not much movement even to chase food. Is it because the school is very small now or is something else at play? No gasping etc . Pleco & shrimp are all fine . Thanks for any advice in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yep I have seneye reef & ammonia is good. A little higher than I'd like but at a steady 32 . I also did a liquid test & it confirms with the seneye .

Thanks Delapool. Ferts I'm pretty careful with . I'll just keep an eye on them . Maybe it's the school issue !

I have them about 2 weeks . pH is 7.46 steady . They had been fine until I done a 25 % water change . In the same day I lost 2 to a tank escape onto the floor!! The nitrite had spiked alittle so the reason for water change !

Ours is 7.5 and I had trouble with the clowns until I started bringing it down. From most of the research I've done killies tend to do better under 7.0

I have them about 2 weeks . pH is 7.46 steady . They had been fine until I done a 25 % water change . In the same day I lost 2 to a tank escape onto the floor!! The nitrite had spiked alittle so the reason for water change !

Good luck! Something a little odd there to track down. Ammonia and nitrites should always read 0.

The water change size should of been fine unless drastically different on temp and they didn't like it. My rosy barbs have got to the stage now where they start racing around as soon as I start the water change. Once I get a bucket out of the tank I'm happier they can't get up to much. Fish - can't trust them at all...

Back
Top Bottom