Alex's 20 Gallon Planted Journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pogo erectus! One of my favorite plants. Look even better in your tank than mine.

Yay, I'm glad people like it and that its not too hard to grow. I was afraid I would have trouble with it.

Thanks. Only because I don't have any other thin leaved plants and the tank kinda needs it I'm sure.

I like the variety along the back wall. I was going for a green/red alternating theme on mine.
Grow that pogo! Seems to be a plant in demand these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Tank looks great!! Pogo must be in season because mine finallyyy decided to make.moves too

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I like the variety along the back wall. I was going for a green/red alternating theme on mine.
Grow that pogo! Seems to be a plant in demand these days.

Thanks. I was sort of planning it. Can't wait for my AR to grow. Grrrr...

Yeah its pretty popular. Did you ever find any? I'm sure junglefowl still has some or will soon.

Tank looks great!! Pogo must be in season because mine finallyyy decided to make.moves too

Thanks. Yes I'm surprised it is growing but I see lighter green top sections and darker on the rest so I guess it is just happy and growing.

The ones I got from planted aquarium central are actually doing quite well considering how much they melted initially. The centers are light green, almost yellow and one was pearling today. Going to wait until they get close to the surface before I trim and replant.

Update, update! Read all about it!

So a few pros and cons. Pros:

Hygrophila is growing well. Obviously. Then again, its a noxious weed so I'm not sure if I should be proud of that.

The hygrophila sunset is awesome. Beautiful plant.

The blood red ludwigia is also incredible. I like it a LOT more red than that crummy algae covered not-even-red-just-pinkish-sort-of AR.

The crypts have bounced back from an unintentional 2 hour H2O2 spot treatment (I forgot :lol: ).

2 of the pogo stems are branching. 2 others have sort of grayish-purple tinted new growth (it sounds bad but I think its healthy just hard to describe). The last stem is starting to branch.

Cons:

The Hygrophila is growing wayyyy too fast.

The anubias has some sort of algae on it. I think its BBA. It's getting shaded by some hygrophila now so thats going to help I think.

The AR's bottom leaves are also algae covered.

The pogo is sort of melting on some of the old growth but thats expected.

The rotala is growing curled. It's done a complete 180 (not literally, physically) and is sort of looping down toward the substrate. It's very weird but I'll trim it tomorrow and we'll see.

Thats all for now. :)

I will test the water tomorrow and do a huge water change and trim.

That stuff is out of control hahah, mine is chillin in the low light/no tech apisto tank. It's the regular ar that's algae farming? That Ludwiga red in the middle right?

That stuff is out of control hahah, mine is chillin in the low light/no tech apisto tank. It's the regular ar that's algae farming? That Ludwiga red in the middle right?

Haha cool is it growing in low light? It did ok with a fugeray at 12" but now its clinically insane.

Yes its the regular AR. Don't worry the mini is not great either ;)

Yeah thats supposed to be ludwigia sp red

I call it ludwigia sp awesome.

Haha cool is it growing in low light? It did ok with a fugeray at 12" but now its clinically insane.

Yes its the regular AR. Don't worry the mini is not great either ;)

Yeah thats supposed to be ludwigia sp red

I call it ludwigia sp awesome.

It's growing yes.. it's probably closer to med light actually. My regular ar is looking aweful too, i actually cheated and bought another tissue culture yesterday, I'm going to yank it and try again;) that Ludwiga is amazing, I just put a Wtb add on tpt for it!! Be a great betta shade in the ol 5.5..

I've had such a bad day.

Loaded with homework, then trying to adjust the position of my drop checker i try to move the bubble counter and break that trying to take the lid off. Then I need to take the old silicone tubing off the diffuser but i break the diffuser too. So now I need a diffuser and more tubing (at this point i don't need a bubble counter).

So no co2 for a few days basically :(

Oooook so its actually not so bad i found an air stone and am using that and the drop checker is yellow so thats not too bad.

BLACK (so it blends in) tubing and a BLACK (more ninja stealth) fluval diffuser are in the mail. Yay!

Today: Did not dose any ferts (I forgot). Did a HUGE trim of the rotala, red ludwigia, and of course the hygrophila. Will post pics tomorrow. I did 10 ml of H2O2 spot treatment on the AR and AR mini. Also a 80% water change.

Pictures tomorrow. For now just this is what I removed from the tank:

You can't tell from there but the pile of plants is like 6-8" tall.

Hi Fishperson
Please make room so I can send you a pm. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom