Algae Issue Major?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Animal_fanatic

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I cleaned my aquarium, like I took everything out, used the gravel vaccum cleaned the walls, the fake plants cleaned, everything was cleaned, it's only been two days and this brown algae is back. I put on a new filter, I cleaned everything, I was wondering how can I control this algae problem?

But I do have two live plants, an aqua fern, and an anubias. Could they be causing it?

How long has your tank been cycled? Sounds like diatoms. They will usually disappear on their own. A mini cycle will bring on diatoms too.

I've had the tank for about 3months I believe, and the lights are just low watt florescent lights that come with the aquariums in those little 10 gallon package start up. I was told they wouldn't help algae spawn real fast. We have no open windows really except a sliding glass door but it always has curtains over it. I leave the florescent light on for about 5hours usually since my rainbow shark seems to get cranky if I leave it on anymore than 6 hours.

Back
Top Bottom