Almost there

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah so like.. i think my **** heater just broke. Im unbelievably angry right now. It hasnt even been used at all.. I stuck it in the tank.. it was working for some time. I went to clean out my filter thing.. i came back and the light that says its on, is off.. and its plugged into the outlets. Wtf kind of mess is this.. -_- Cant believe it.

lol.. what makes you say that? Its not producing heat.. therefore i would say at the very least.. its far from being fine. xD

Linksyz, did you mix the salt in the tank? It's better and safer to mix the salt in another container then check the SG. let that mix with a ph for at least a day, this will prevent cloudiness of the water as the salt will be completely mixed. I would not bring the temp. down that fast. Set your AC a few degrees lower then bring down slowly again. 82F-80F,80H-79F and so on. This will be less stress on your fish.

Yeah.. everyone keeps saying this salt thing... its getting pretty annoying. Im FULLY aware to not mix salt directly in the tank. I did it ONLY because there is jack squat in the tank and would have been the same as if i mixed it in a bucket. Thanks to Tank though, my water is very clear now and is getting clearer. And as for the temp, i will take that into consideration. Its ok though because even on a siring hot day my tanks temp doesnt go above 83F so it would take just a fan over the top of the tank which i have to bring the temp down a bit.

So, you're mixing the salt in the tank....lol just kidding!!!
img_1010138_0_ae586e179331eb5fe0c3536c2dd53efd.gif

Haha xD Yeah yeah yuck it up. All i know is that i wont be killing any fish because i wont be mixing salt in the tank when i have inhabitants lolol.

Just FYI... i have a new 125g and I added RODI water..... then added salt... stayed cloudy for about 8 hrs.... then I added sand and it stayed cloudy for abou 8 more hours.... after that it was crystal clear.... but I did have all the filtration on LOL

Yeah thanks man. I just dont have any filtration on whatsoever so i can take a guess and say that the cloudiness was prolonged because of 0 filtration

When I first filled my 120 it was cloudy I put filter floss in my canister and ran it within 4 hrs the tank was XTAL clear. When the filter media arrived (2 days later) I filled the canister and started the cycle with everything on except the skimmer. It only took three weeks for my tank to cycle.

If you added the substrate and then added the water and then added the salt mix then all that mixing with the substrate in there is the reason. It`s not the salt mix. Oceanic is one of the best out there IMO. You should have mixed it up without the substrate in there. The cloudiness is from the substrate I`m sure.

I can imagine. And you hit the nail on the head. Thats exactly the order i did it in. Substrate, water, then salt mix. But its not that big of a deal anymore. My tank is just about as clear as it can get with 0 filtration going on.

I would keep the water moving with or without filter media, standing water is not a good thing it will become a breeding ground for other things.

Yep i know, i have both of my koralias going. I had a sand tornado in my tank the other day and it was a pretty big one at that. Had to change directions of the pumps lol.

Cool, Looking forward to progress reports and pics. So far it's looking good. When are getting your live rock?

Funny you should mention that. about five minutes ago, i ordered 45lbs of fiji LR from liveaquaria. In about 3-4 hours when i wake up, im going to order 30lbs of again, fiji LR from intmarinefish.com. Wanna catch that sale before they close it off. Anyways, bed for me. Adios.

Back
Top Bottom